We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging with Wildlife and Views

Which Sequim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Trevose...
Level Contributor
103 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging with Wildlife and Views

Seattle - 3 nights prior to cruise next August. There are 4 adults, we'll spend 1 night in Seattle before the cruise, and 2 nights open.

I found a rental, Karen's Guest Cottages in Sequim, right on the ocean, near Dungeness Refuge. Has any one been there? Or any other suggestions? I want an ocean view. I enjoy unique lodging, rather than a Chain Hotel.

I want to see wildlife!!! Any suggestions on where? I enjoy both the ocean, and the mountains. I thought maybe see the Rain Forrest, and Hurricane Ridge. Anything else? Is there anywhere to see otters?

Any suggestions to where to stay and see beautiful scenery and wildlife?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging with Wildlife and Views

Hello,

I hope you are talking about August 2011 otherwise, this post is pointless!!!

We were lucky enough to get a cancellation at the Sunset Marine Resort in Sequim this summer and thought it was a real find. Even though it is a 'resort' it's not really. all accommodation is private and the views are stunning. They are on Trip Advisor too. We stayed in 'The Osprey's Nest' which would be suitable for two couples as long as you don't argue over the huge bedroom versus the tiny one! There are other units which may offer better views as the trees were in our way but it was still lovely. Sea life would be the wildlife here, sea lions, herons etc. Accommodation was excellent, very well-equipped, clean and tidy.

Kb

Sunset Marine Resort.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,307 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging with Wildlife and Views

Keep in mind Sequim is on the Straits of Juan de Fuca not the Ocean. The Straits are beautiful, but not the Ocean. The advantage to staying on the Straits are the weather can be better. We have had a strange summer This year with a lot of marine fog in the morning burning off in the afternoon. This can happen more often on the Ocean Beaches. Less likely in August, but always a possibility. I prefer the wild Olympic Coast. We have river otters and sea otters out here. Early in the morning is when I have seen them the most. Wildlife sightings are pretty hard to count on with a quick visit. Hurricane Ridge you will see deer. Dungeness spit you should see eagles. The Coast eagles and seals. The Hoh Rainforest you may see elk grazing in the meadows at dusk. In the Fall the elk are distracted by the rut and are seen a lot. I would consider staying closer to the Ocean and visiting Hurricane Ridge on your way.

3. Re: Lodging with Wildlife and Views

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:32 am, March 02, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Sequim