We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best food at Sea-Tac!

Murrells Inlet, SC
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best food at Sea-Tac!

My husband & I will be traveling in August & have a layover at Sea-Tac. Can anyone recommend a place to have dinner? My husband happens to be a chef & really appreciates good food, but the reviews that I have read are all quite negative. We would love to have a nice meal, before taking the red eye---please, help!

Port Townsend...
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best food at Sea-Tac!

I like Anthonys

Mentioned in this post
Anthony's
Anthony's
790 Reviews
SeaTac, WA
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
4,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best food at Sea-Tac!

I agree, Anthony's. It's not fabulous but it's a terrific airport restaurant.

Mentioned in this post
Anthony's
Anthony's
790 Reviews
SeaTac, WA
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
906 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best food at Sea-Tac!

Make it a third for Anthony's. I don't think there's yet a restaurant at Sea-Tac that is particularly good - but Anthony's is likely the best. I'm thinking a chef/cook will not be impressed at all. I'd thought Tom Douglas was going to open a place in the terminal - but that never happened. Same with Ethan Stowall. I'm sure the logistics of creating really good food at an airport in the U.S. is ridiculously challenging ...

Why not embrace the milieu: grab a Wendy's burger and watch the planes arrive and depart against the backdrop of the Olympic Mountains (the Food Court has a massive window wall through which the runways and Olympics may be ogled as you eat/rest/work on your laptops).

Edited: 12:17 pm, May 23, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Anthony's
Anthony's
790 Reviews
SeaTac, WA
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best food at Sea-Tac!

I like Anthony's also. But my favorite place for food is Dish D'lish. They have sandwiches, pastry, juices. My favorite dish is the cous cous. It's located in the main terminalnot very far from Terminal B.

Mentioned in this post
Anthony's
Anthony's
790 Reviews
SeaTac, WA
Seattle
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best food at Sea-Tac!

How long is your layover? If time allows, you could take a really short cab ride to Thirteen Coins. Pretty good, and he could eyeball the chefs preparing your meal!

http://www.13coins.com/

Murrells Inlet, SC
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best food at Sea-Tac!

Our layover is 5 hours, so, yes, leaving the airport would be an option!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
906 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best food at Sea-Tac!

That pretty much opens up just about anything in Seattle. Catch a Lyft (or whatever) directly to your restaurant of choice, spend an hour or so, and head back. Even with the sometimes thick cruise crowds clogging the departure lanes on certain days - shouldn't be a problem. Any of the Renee Erickson restaurants would likely be appreciated - but there are a LOT of really good restaurants in and around the city.

I've picked up friends who were laying over at Sea-Tac for as little as four hours, had a nice dinner downtown, and gotten them back in plenty of time for their flights - sometimes with a casual stroll after dinner before heading to the airport. Go for it. Or grab a Wendy's and enjoy the views (not knocking Wendy's - just would rather eat there than spend silly amounts of money for airport food from higher end restaurants serving, ... well, ... airport food).

Edited: 10:04 am, May 24, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
1,063 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best food at Sea-Tac!

I vote "13 coins" right across the street from the airport.

Walk towards the "Link" light rail airport station (follow the arrows on pavement towards station) and go to the other side of the street once there.You cross a pedestrian bridge.

Walk down the stairs and walk left. Stay on that side of the street and walk like 6 to 8 minutes max and when you see "Seatac office center" sign go into that parking lot there you'll see it.

Try and get the waiter that kinda looks like Paul Newman he's great.

Mentioned in this post
SeaTac
SeaTac
Washington
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,096 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best food at Sea-Tac!

There is an area in the main terminal called Pacific Marketplace. This is where you'd find Anthonys which is a sit down rest. Leaving the airport means waiting thru security again which often can be up to one hr. I'd be careful if you decide to leave. 20 minutes to get off plane, 15 minutes to walk to restaraunt. Just saying..........

Mentioned in this post
Anthony's
Anthony's
790 Reviews
SeaTac, WA
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best food at Sea-Tac!

Personally, I would not go to downtown Seattle with a 5 hpur layover. Nearby the airport sure. Depending on the time of day you could hit some severe traffic in both ditections. And although TSA at Sea-tac is getting better, there can be delays.

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington