We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan Island/Friday Harbor or Ocean Shores 4 summer trip?

Greenacres, WA
Level Contributor
704 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
San Juan Island/Friday Harbor or Ocean Shores 4 summer trip?

I'm planning a 3 or 4 night getaway for 4th of July weekend. I'm torn between the coast (Ocean Shores or Westport or Moclips) and possible Orca Whale watching in the San Juan Islands. Maybe stay on Friday Harbor.

Trying to stay on a small budget but still take the family some place beautiful. We'll be driving over from the Spokane area and can't visit both places. I'd like to hear what others recommend. . .the Ocean or Whales?

And any vacation rental recommendations under $150 nt. . .just need a small little cabin or hotel for 2 adults and two 7 yr old boys. Thanks for any suggestions and ideas.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Juan Island/Friday Harbor or Ocean Shores 4 summer trip?

I responded to your other post.

2. Re: San Juan Island/Friday Harbor or Ocean Shores 4 summer trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 21, 2010