We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Richland, Tri-Cities area

Mount Airy, Maryland
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Dining in Richland, Tri-Cities area

Hi! We will be in the Tri-Cities area next month for the Crush. We are coming from Maryland. We are pretty familiar with the area as my husband went there on business for many, many years and we have been searching also for some property to retire to. But that aside, where can we dine? We haven't really found any places we liked and have had to resort to chain restaurants. We would like to find good food at reasonable prices- isn't that what we all strive for?! Breakfast is taken care of but lunch and dinner, we need some ideas. Thanks! Judy

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining in Richland, Tri-Cities area

DH and I are still somewhat new to the Tri-Cities, but few of the places we like (in no particular order) are:

Atomic Ale and Brewpub - love their pizza and beer!

Las Margaritas - tasty Mexican food, great service

Rattlesnake Mountain Brewing Company - good beer

Casa Mia - yummy pizza and ravioli

Anthony's HomePort - yes, it's part of a chain, but the food is wonderful with a view to match so it's definitely worth considering

(all the above are in Richland)

We are going to Katya's Bistro & Wine Bar next weekend, so hopefully that will make the list, too =) There are also a few places we'd like to try out, but haven't made it to yet. They are:

Olympic Blue (fomerly Chez Chaz) in Kennewick - good wine list I've heard

Ice Harbor Brewing Company in Kennewick - for the beer, of course!

Calypso in Kennewick - just because it looks fun

Have a great time at Catch the Crush!

Mount Airy, Maryland
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining in Richland, Tri-Cities area

Thanks for the tips! I am very familiar with Anthony's and it is one of my favorite places to go! I am going to print out the list and take it with me. We enjoyed immensely being there during the Crush (the weather was awesome!) a year or so ago and can't wait for this trip. Thanks again for the suggestions, Judy

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining in Richland, Tri-Cities area

Hi judytucci. Weare visiting relatives in West Richland sept 14-27 will that coincede with 'The Crush'? If so where can we see it? what will it entail? ( i presume wine)??

Mount Airy, Maryland
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining in Richland, Tri-Cities area

Hi! Yes, the Crush does involve wine and the area wineries have special events at their places. It is just good fun and the weather is great (at least it was the last time we were there). We went to a hot air balloon launch also in the wee hours of the morning in Benton City I think. Here is the link for more information.

www.columbiavalleywine.com/catchthecrush.htm

I would recommend getting the brochure or you can have your relatives pick one up for you and have it there when you arrive. I hope you enjoy it. And I should note that I am not really a wine drinker and i enjoyed myself. Judy

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining in Richland, Tri-Cities area

Hi again Judy!

We just visited Katya's Bistro & Wine Bar last night, and it's our new favorite restaurant in the Tri-Cities! I had the flat iron steak in bordelaise sauce ($18) which is probably one of the best steaks I've had (and I've had a lot of good steak!) and my husband had the chicken alfredo ($16) which he said was the best he's ever had. My parents had the ribeye ($28?) in bordelaise sauce and the seafood pasta ($19?) and both were very pleased with their meals. The wine selection was extensive and had the best selection of Washington wines I've seen at a restaurant, including Bin No 20 in Pasco. We chose the 2002 Reininger merlot (from Walla Walla - $45?) which complimented the steaks well. The entrees ranged from $15 for the pastas to $32 for the best cut of steak, while the wines ranged from $20 to over $100, with lots of moderately priced selections from local wineries. I don't know how the weather is going to be when you visit, but it was the perfect temperature for us to dine outside on the patio, which was lovely.

Also, I don't know if you knew this, but Anthony's had a fire last week in their duct work, and was shut down for awhile. Apparently they opened in time for dinner last night, but I'm not sure to what extent the fire caused damages. Seeing as how there are a little less than three weeks until your visit, everything will probably be back to normal then, but it probably wouldn't hurt to check - I'm sure if you call the restaurant they can give you more information.

Hope you have a great trip!

Mount Airy, Maryland
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining in Richland, Tri-Cities area

Oh, thank you so much for replying to my query about dining in the Tri-Cities!!! I have printed it all out and it will travel with us. Your dinner sounds wonderful!!! My husband will try any of the steak items for sure. Sorry to hear about the fire at Anthony's but like you said, by the time we get there, all should be ok. Could have been worse! Today is lovely here in Maryland- a rare occurence it seems. We have been enjoying very much the hummingbirds at our feeders (we have 6 feeders and still the hummers fight!) but know they will be flying south before too long!!! Thanks again, Judy

Mount Airy, Maryland
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining in Richland, Tri-Cities area

Hi all! We are back from our trip to the Tri-Cities and wanted to say we thoroughly enjoyed Kayta's!!! Great food and the weather was nice enough we could sit outside to eat. Judy

8. Re: Dining in Richland, Tri-Cities area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Richland
More Richland Topics