We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Moran State Park and Mount Constitution

Seattle
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking at Moran State Park and Mount Constitution

I was reading the WTA website on hiking around Mount Constitution which requires discovery pass. On the Moran Stated Park website didn't mention about paying for parking or required the discovery pass to park there. I am wondering if anyone knows if I only want to purchase a day pass, can I purchase at the parking lot? If not, where can I get a day pass?

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Moran State Park and Mount Constitution

Every state park, including Moran, requires a Discover Pass. When I looked at the park's official website I do see this info. You can buy one at the park; there's a sign right at the park entrance that tells you where to turn in.

San Juan Island...
Destination Expert
for San Juan Islands
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Moran State Park and Mount Constitution

A Discover Pass is required to park in Moran State Park. The annual Discover Pass costs $30 annually ($10 daily) when purchased at the park. Daily passes are available at the Mt. Constitution summit through an automatic ticket dispenser or at the Summit Learning Center. You can also purchase the Discover Pass at the campground registration booth. The Discover Pass can also be purchased at Orcas Outfitters in the town of Eastsound.

Mentioned in this post
Moran State Park
Moran State Park
498 Reviews
Orcas Island, WA
Orcas Island
Orcas Island
San Juan Islands, WA
Eastsound
Eastsound
Orcas Island, WA
Seattle
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Moran State Park and Mount Constitution

Will I need a discover pass to park at Roche Harbor, Sculpture Garden at Westcott Bay and American Camp? We are going to those places the day before may be it is wise to buy a annual pass if we are using it 2 days in a roll.

San Juan Island...
Destination Expert
for San Juan Islands
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Moran State Park and Mount Constitution

None of those are in a state park so no those others do not need any parking fee.

Seattle
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Moran State Park and Mount Constitution

Great! Thanks a lot for all your guys input!!

Indian Harbour...
Level Contributor
216 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at Moran State Park and Mount Constitution

"Daily passes are available at the Mt. Constitution summit through an automatic ticket dispenser"

Last time I was up there it wasn't automatic so if you have visions of using your credit card forget it. You fill out a form (need a pen) and put your $10 in an envelope that is part of the form (need correct change) and drop the envelope in an iron box then put the form on your dash.

If you are buying the year pass get it at the park. It's $5 cheaper than at a commercial establishment.

7. Re: Parking at Moran State Park and Mount Constitution

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, July 14, 2015
;