We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Beach Inn/Aldergrove Farm Cottages review/opinion?

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
87 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
North Beach Inn/Aldergrove Farm Cottages review/opinion?

Does anyone have a review for either of these places?

One looks pretty dated but on the water, the other looks nice but is in the rural area, no view.

My options are so limited with our dog! Thanks.

seattle
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Beach Inn/Aldergrove Farm Cottages review/opinion?

We've stayed at Northbeach many times over the last 15 years and you can't beat the view/beach/privacy that this place offers, however, we just returned yesterday from a 4 night stay and this is the first time we've been really disappointed. When we arrived the place was super dirty and didn't appear to have been cleaned. When when we told the curmudgeon who runs the place he didn't seem to care at all, and didn't offer to make any adjustment to the bill -- we had to demand it. One of the "beds" appeared to be an ancient relic from WWII and was not usable as a piece of furniture (maybe a kid wouldn't mind sleeping on it). Each cabin is unique so I would recommend "Funnyman's" as one of the better ones... Sad to see this rustic old place going down the toilet, and we're not sure if we'll return again. But, as I said the beach is great, and just about every cabin had a dog or two, and it was great to have beach fires, and watch sunsets and stars...

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
87 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Beach Inn/Aldergrove Farm Cottages review/opinion?

Thanks cinstress. We actually decided to stay here a few weekends ago and boy were we disappointed. They looked dated in the pics online but I never expected the filth. We had to buy bleach and smelly candles to cover over and kill the smell of urine. If it wasn't for the beach and unbeatable location, we would have left immediately. We did get some compensation but it hardly made up for the simply gross feeling you get when you are in the cabins. I was so close so many times to sleeping in the truck.

We stayed in Linesville. Do not stay in Linesville!! I heard a few others *might* be better but it would have to be proven for me to believe it.

The condition of our cabin was probably a health code violation. Do not stay here unless you don't mind nastiness. It's really a shame that they aren't kept up because the beach location is prime. If they were cleaned up and remodeled we would come back in a heartbeat.

seattle
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Beach Inn/Aldergrove Farm Cottages review/opinion?

It's disappointing to hear you had a similar experience. We too went out and bought air fresheners and a bottle of Clorox wipes. We also spent at least an hour sweeping and cleaning up clumps of dog hair, etc.; ahhh, just what one dreams of doing on vacation! It really set a bad tone for our stay. Also unfortunate that they allow smoking inside the cabins! Feh!

4. Re: North Beach Inn/Aldergrove Farm Cottages review/opinion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 24, 2009