We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
717 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
trip report

We spent 3 nights on Orcas Island and 1 night in Friday Harbor. We stayed 2 nights at the Outlook Inn and loved it. The location was perfect. The room was nice. We moved to the Turtleback Inn and Farm for one more night as we hated to leave Orcas Island and wanted an additional day on the island after we checked out. We loved Orcas Island.

After spending three beautiful days in mid October on Orcas, we found Friday Harbor in the rain to be just an overnight stay. We stayed at the Island Inn. What a fabulous place to stay. We loved, loved, loved it. I would have stayed another night or two, but we decided to move on. Friday Harbor was fun. We loved both islands but thought Orcas Island was just gorgeous and so peaceful. We left the San Juan Islands and headed to the Cascade Loop for another 5 nights of Washington State excitement. WOW! We had the best time.... Orcas Island, Friday Harbor, then the Cascade Loop. Fun! Fun! Fun! Oh in Leavenworth, we stayed at the Aubendblume Inn. While I thought the Island Inn was extra special, the Aubendblume Inn was extra special!!!!!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,261 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. I hope you're able to review some of the places where you stayed.

Level Contributor
34,748 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report

Sounds so nice! We have never visited the San Juans but are planning on it for next summer. Our time that we spent on Whidbey Island was very memorable at The Inn @ Langley. It sounds like you found some places you loved, also. :)

3. Re: trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, November 12, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report

Reported post from Michael F as inappropriate.

-K

5. Re: trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 27, 2013