We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Ocean Shores

Which Ocean Shores hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Ocean Shores

We went to Ocean Shores this past week for a 4 night stay, My wife found a deal at the Ocean Shores Inn and Suites. This was our second visit to Ocean Shores

We left on Weds mid-morn. As we got in car wife says why don't we go through Astoria. I don't do well with instant planning. So I said that is too far. I had planned to take US-12 to coast

As we drove up I-5 from Vancouver checked map, and looked like we could go leave I-5 at Longview and head along SR-4 to coast. So we tried that. Left I-5 at exit 36. which was not SR-4 and not well signed, but we had done that before and eventually found SR-4 somewhere west of Longview. I had forgotten it was a fairly scenic drive along river as far as Cathlamet. though it was raining hard.

We headed north at Naselle to catch 101. Then drove to Aberdeen. Fairly good road but not real scenic.

Checked in about 3. It was raining. It rained the next three days. we are regulars to Oregon coast and can stand some rain, but this was well beyond some.

We took our pooch and wife did find a break to get down to beach with her, And we did drive down peninsula to check out the town when raining only lightly. But we spent most of time in room. we did two jigsaw puzzles. Wife read one book.

We left a day early.

Edited: 6:16 pm, April 02, 2012
Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Ocean Shores

Truly, a sad NW tale. :) What a winter... Next time, Phirl.

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
3,299 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Ocean Shores

That part of the coast holds the record for rainfall in the contiguous US, so I am not surprised. That's why the rain forest is located up there.

My wife and I did the identical trip and it did not rain a single drop during our visit. Mother Nature can be fickle.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Ocean Shores

At least you tried! Better than hanging out home by the TV.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Ocean Shores

Last time we went to OS was in Oct, decent regular coast weather then. some rain.

We took our golf clubs. they stayed in car,

we may have spent another night, but decided to spend Sat nite with son and family in Yelm on way home, wife had to be at work Sun 1PM in Portland.

Edited: 12:30 am, April 03, 2012
Eagle, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Ocean Shores

We're going to be in OC for one night in Oct as a place to stay/sleep before we start a trip around the ONP.

I'm thinking the Groupon deal might be a good deal for us even if we only use one night of it. 65$ is less than what we've found so far. Would you stay at that hotel again?

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Ocean Shores

Not sure where groupon deal is for Also not sure of OC.

Eagle, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Ocean Shores

The Groupon deal was for Ocean Shores Inn and Suites. Would you stay there again? This would just be an overnight stop at the start of our visit around the ONP.

8. Re: Trip to Ocean Shores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 14, 2016