We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Hotels in Town?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
New Hotels in Town?

We're looking at coming up the first part of January and enjoy staying at hotels that are new to the town or have a face lift. Not into the b&bs

In the past, we've enjoyed Ocean Shores and find it to be a great place to get away to in the winter.

How late will the Christmas decorations be up this year?

3 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,659 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Hotels in Town?

Hi Joan S,

Welcome to TripAdvisor & the Washington state forums! May I offer you a suggestion? You have posted the same or similar questions in several different places on the forum. It would be easier to answer your questions, if they are more specific to certain hotel or holiday properties.

I would take a look at some of the hotel reviews on TA and narrow them down to a few which interest you and come back with specific questions about them.

You may also want to look at the tourism or visit (insert city name here) web sites for information on holiday activities or decorations. I highly doubt that many cities or business will still display their Christmas decorations in January.

www.tourismoceanshores.com/

http://funbeach.com

www.forkswa.com/visiting-forks

Regards,

Sodomojo

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Hotels in Town?

Thank you.

We have visited each of these places before and have had different experiences, some good and some bad. Funbeach.com is a great website, but I'm hoping I don't have to call around to all the local business in one town. But as so many of have to some times, I may ended up spending a day on the phone.

Edited: 8:34 pm, November 16, 2011
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,659 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Hotels in Town?

You're welcome!

I understand your quandary. Planning a trip for yourself and others isn't easy - especially trying to please everyone. I am not a TripAdvisor employee, but a member like you who chooses to volunteer my time to help people by answering their travel questions (to the best of my ability!).

I don't think that you need to call all of the local business in town to plan your trip. Instead I would start by becoming familiar with the TA web site and all of the tools that you have at your disposal. Across the top of this page is a green bar with a number of links - start by looking at:

1. Ocean Shores (hotels, vacation rentals, etc.) - reviews of local lodging

2. restaurants - reviews of local eats

3. things to do. - listings & reviews of activities

TA is a member driven site. All of the content is provided by members like you and me who donate our time to write reviews, answer questions in the travel forum, etc. I've suggested a number of useful sites above and you may also want to look at www.vrbo.com as another source for places to stay.

The next step is up to you. Narrow down your choices (which city, hotels, etc. appeal to you) and come back to post questions with more specificity.

Regards,

Sodomojo

Reply to: New Hotels in Town?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted