We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Chelan & Stehekin areas

Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Lake Chelan & Stehekin areas

I just booked a week long vacation at the Wapato Point Resort in Manson starting May 9. Are the area attractions going to be closed because of the cooler temps. at that time, or will I still be able to do some water rafting? What about Stehekin Bakery...I read that it does not open until Memorial Day?

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Chelan & Stehekin areas

I'd think one of your best sources would be the resort folks themslves. They can tell you the names, if you don't have them, of the rafting groups, and you could inquire directly. Or Google them. Then you would have primary source, first hand, information.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,135 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Chelan & Stehekin areas

Washington unlike some other parts of the country kids stay in school to sometimes mid june so May is very early. They get better weather than the Seattle area but you probably need to check with resort or hopefully someone familar with area will answer.

Washington
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Chelan & Stehekin areas

I went up to Stehekin mid June last year, and you are right the bakery was not open yet, I think only on weekends. So you may find it open on the weekend in May. I think you will have to inquire there directly.

Not sure about rafting. Check with the rafting companies in Leavenworth. On a good note though, there are now 14 wineries in the Lake Chelan valley and they will all be open in May. Also the Lake Chelan Chamber (www.lakechelan.com) is a great source of info, give them a call to ask about the rafting, they may know. Have a great time and be sure to catch the wildflower show up in the hills!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Chelan & Stehekin areas

Never know here when spring like weather will arrive. I am freezing today in Portland area when things seemed to be warming. we have had more days of snow here this year than for mnay years, but then spring may come

In early May you need to be ready to adjust. Ride on Lady of the Lake up Lake Chelan is very nice, but not if it is chilly.

You can do some interestig day trips from manson, Winthrop is one Grand Coulees Dam another.

I would guess early May may be warming enough to be outside.

5. Re: Lake Chelan & Stehekin areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, October 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Manson