We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bike riding

Which Lopez Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
seattle
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bike riding

I plan to take my two daughters bike riding on Lopez, my one daughter is disabled and rides a 3-wheel bike that I'm bringing. I'm looking for a route on the island, maybe three or four miles that is very safe, almost flat, and for me scenic. We'll be there for a couple days, so could do more than one bike ride. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,529 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bike riding

Lopez has always been one of the flattest islands and very popular with bikers. Its been awhile but almost any bike store in Seattle sells a route map for each of the islands. Look online but there are lots of info on good rides for each of the islands. I think there is more to see and do on San Juan Island but there will be more slight hills.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bike riding

Here is one resource. I'd call them and inquire.

www.lopezbicycleworks.com/bikeshopmap.pdf

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,586 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bike riding

If you're riding your bikes onto the ferry, be aware that it's a good climb up from the ferry dock. From there the rest of the island is mostly flat or rolling. I'd imagine that drivers will be considerate of your daughter's wider vehicle.

Definitely go out to Spencer Spit SP and see the bunnies.

Enjoy.

chuck.

Edited: 12:29 am, March 18, 2010
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bike riding

you will want to try and find dedicated trails as the roads have limited shoulders.

5. Re: bike riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lopez Island