We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Denver
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Long Beach - Crab Pot Restaurant

If you visit Long Beach in Washington, I advise you to avoid the Crab Pot Restaurant. This place used to be one of the best places to eat in the area, but the last two dining experiences I had have been extremely disappointing. The tables were sticky, the service was very slow and the food is lacking taste---with the exception of the calamari appetizer. That was very good, although it was served at room temperature and it came with a very small portion of dipping sauce. (We had to wait 15 minutes for more sauce).

Our group ordered cocktails and none of us could taste the alcohol, except for my sister, who ordered a martini. However, her drink was served in the tiniest glass I've ever seen and the olive took up most of it. Plus, the waitress spilled part of her drink when it was served, then acted as if nothing happened.

The steamed clams had no flavor at all---they tasted like used chewing gum. Plus, this place now charges $7 for bread with your meal! What is that about! By the way, the bread is nothing special either.

Zero stars. Dine at Dooger's instead. You will be much happier.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Beach - Crab Pot Restaurant

I agree with the previous poster. There used to be an old man who ran the Crab Pot, and it was a small market and diner. Excellent food and reasonable. Now it's probably ran by his heirs, who lack all the qualities of the previous owner. It looks like they added a bar/lounge, raised all the prices, then cut back on competence, quality, service, and professionalism.

This is the worst service I've ever had, and the food had as much flavor as a boiled sock. They tried to charge us for bread, too.

I have eaten at Dooger's and would recommend it as well. The food has flavor and the service was great. Water came as soon as you sit down as opposed to begging for 20 minutes at the Crap Pot.

Castaway's was very good as well. Although I prefer a sourdough bread bowl for my chowder, it was still excellent and I would recommend them and return for more.

Don't forget to get a cone at Scooper's, too. Just stay away from the C-r-a-p Pot.

Beaverton, Oregon
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Beach - Crab Pot Restaurant

Thanks for confirming that this place is not an establishment people should spend their hard-earned cash on. It was the biggest disappointment of our trip. Seriously, you have to "buy" bread to have with your meal!!! Even McDonald's gives me "lots" of "extra" pickles and tomatoes when requested at no extra charge!!! Maybe if the food was halfway decent, it wouldn't matter so much!!!

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Beach - Crab Pot Restaurant

This post would be helpful on the Restaurant reviews section.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Beach - Crab Pot Restaurant

And I forgot to mention when we were at the Crap Pot there were more employees than customers, so there was no excuse for the poor service we received. They are not overworked.

Level Contributor
36,329 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Beach - Crab Pot Restaurant

Thanks for the info! In nearby Seaview, we have enjoyed great meals at 42 Street Cafe, very quaint ambiance and friendly service here. The Depot in Seaview also has very good food and friendly service. :)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Beach - Crab Pot Restaurant

syrahgirl,

Thank you for the information. I am always looking for a great place to eat.

Seaview and Long Beach are so close to each other that I sometimes blur the lines of distinction between them when writing about restaurants.

Level Contributor
36,329 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Beach - Crab Pot Restaurant

You're welcome! If you're ever in Ilwaco, check out the Port Bistro, pretty views and great food here. :)

Long Beach, WA
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Long Beach - Crab Pot Restaurant

If you do go to the Port Bistro ... Don't get the Chowder!! You have to spend as much time preparing it as you do waiting for it to get to your table! They refuse to shell the clams. Also, I didn't see much on the menu that even sounded good.

9. Re: Long Beach - Crab Pot Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Long Beach