We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

favorite restaurants?

Bay Area
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
favorite restaurants?

any recommendations for good eating in Leavenworth? We prefer family-style, not heavy on German food. A place for Xmas dinner?

thanks!!

Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: favorite restaurants?

It has to be Katzenjammers..

http://www.katzenjammersrestaurant.com/

*GREAT Prime Rib !

**Make reservations yesterday :)

Vancouver
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: favorite restaurants?

Try Pavz. Delicious food and great service!

Seattle
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: favorite restaurants?

I'd have to say katzenjammers. Although we did get a bad steak there once, the waiter took care of things and made it right. He took back the steak, got me something else to eat and didn't charge for the dinner. Way above the call of duty.

Seattle
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: favorite restaurants?

Not heavy on german food? :P

You should try Katzenjammer's or JJ Hill's

But you really should give good german food a try at King Ludwig's for dinner and Andreas Keller for lunch.

Everett WA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: favorite restaurants?

Thank you,

My favorite is the Mozart Cafe. A little pricey maybe but definately a gourmets meal. They have German, American and classic dinners. Big gourmet salads, the best escargo you'll ever have in your entire life if you like that kind of thing and a great weinkarte (wine menu).

Very friendly family owned and operated and the speak German!

Guten Appetit!

Longview, Washington
Destination Expert
for Mount Rainier National Park
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: favorite restaurants?

We like The Alley Cafe. Small place on 8th Street. Serve wonderful Italian food. Not overpriced.

Olympia, WA
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: favorite restaurants?

I love the yeager schnitzel at Andrea's Keller, with a Schneider Weiss. But that is heavy on the german food.

The crepe place across from all the flag poles and the sledding hill is outstanding, I've eaten breakfast, dinner, and dessert crepes there many times and have always been very satisfied.

8. Re: favorite restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, September 02, 2009