We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitewater Rafting Near Leavenworth Area

Which Leavenworth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Royal Oak, MI
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Whitewater Rafting Near Leavenworth Area

My husband and I will be staying in the Leavenworth area for ten days beginning on September 1st, 2014.

We have never been whitewater rafting and would like to try it out during our stay. We will have a car and our 27 year old son may be joining us.

I welcome any suggestions for a whitewater rafting company and location.

Thank you!

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whitewater Rafting Near Leavenworth Area

You can check in the review section to help choose a company. It's been ages since I did it so I don't have a current recommendation. I don't think you'll get a choice on location-the Wenatchee River is what you'd raft in that area. You'll have to make sure they are still running that late, before you put too much time into choosing an outfitter. When river levels get low in late summer, commercial rafting stops.

Edited: 10:48 pm, June 09, 2014
Washington State
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Whitewater Rafting Near Leavenworth Area

Hi Christy,

The rafting season on the Wenatchee will most likely be over but the Tieton River will just be ramping up. The Tieton is located near the Yakima area and is about a 2.5 hour drive from Leavenworth. If you would rather hang out in the Leavenworth area, there are wine tours and stand-up paddle boarding options available to you and our company will be offering all the tours mentioned in this reply.

Beth

Blue Sky Outfitters

1-800-228-7238

www.blueskyoutfitters.com

Royal Oak, MI
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Whitewater Rafting Near Leavenworth Area

I booked with Blue Sky Outfitters for the first week of September and rafting on the Tieton River Beth answered my emails immediately and answered all of my questions and concerns. I contacted several outfitters.

Great info on rafting in September:

gonorthwest.com/Washington/…tieton.htm

4. Re: Whitewater Rafting Near Leavenworth Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 15, 2015