We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sledding?

M H
Newcastle...
1 post
Save Topic
Sledding?

I'm bringing my family to Leavenworth for the Thanksgiving break. It's our first time to Leavenworth! I know there is no snow on the ground in town, so I assume the sledding hill is closed. Is there any place in the nearby mountains (like within 30 mins) to go sledding? If so, I'd really appreciate some directions. I have a couple young kids who would love to go if possible.

Thanks!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sledding?

There is sledding at the park in downtown Leavenworth for the little ones. Also tubing at the Ski Hill just up the hill. And at Lake Wenatchee State Park. UNFORTUNATELY, there is no snow at any of those places right now. Surprisingly, Leavenworth is at only 1200' elevation; snow comes late to the town itself.

The places there are snow, Stevens Pass and Mission Ridge, don't have sledding.

If you are looking for other things to do with kids, try these pages:

www.accidentalbavarian.com/KidsPage.php

www.accidentalbavarian.com/FamilyFun.php

cascadiakids.com/category/…

2. Re: Sledding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Leavenworth