We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in Leavenworth

Which Leavenworth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
201 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve in Leavenworth

Has anyone been in Leavenworth over New Years Eve? Is it just a busy bar night? Anything special happen or fireworks?

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New Years Eve in Leavenworth

We have plans, with two teenagers, to arrive on New Year's Day. We are hoping for a lot of activity and snow. After reading a few reviews, I am getting the feeling that this may be a very lazy town for the holidays and not much attraction for teens. Am I correct? We are flying into Seattle from Texas. Is there someplace else one would recommend?

2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: New Years Eve in Leavenworth

Leavenworth on Newyears is quite sleepy.Last year only a few places were open & those that were open were too packed so my group (4 of us) spent the count down in our room. I would suggest downtown Seattle. Check out Gameworks, an arcade with a bar.

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: New Years Eve in Leavenworth

We have plans, with two teenagers, to arrive on New Year's Day. We are hoping for a lot of activity and snow. After reading a few reviews, I am getting the feeling that this may be a very lazy town for the holidays and not much attraction for teens. Am I correct? We are flying into Seattle from Texas. Is there someplace else one would recommend?

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: New Years Eve in Leavenworth

Thanks for your response. We have reservations for three nights and that may be too many for teenagers. I thought it would be a more "happening" place. Any suggestions for a place with snow and snow activities AND alive on New Year's Eve?

2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: New Years Eve in Leavenworth

Unfortunately, the places with snow, like Leavenworth and Winthrop (a beautiful western themed town about 4hrs from Seattle) are small towns and most shops & restaurants close early. I would say that though Leavenworth is mellow, it is quite charming and beautiful. There is even dog sledding near there, a small ski hill and lots of trails for snowshoeing, skiing and snowmobiling around the area. There is plenty to do snow and outdoor wise in the day, but the lack of nightlife would be the trade off. We did once travel with teenagers and they loved it, because it is so different from the Seattle area and the lack of city excitement was not missed. They still ask to go back. I hope you all will have a great time and I think you will:)

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: New Years Eve in Leavenworth

Thanks for the reply. The activities you listed are exactly what we are looking for. The nightlife is not important. We will spend the evenings playing cards and other games. I just want to ensure that a few places are open New Year's Eve (not necessarily until midnight). We are going and we will have a great time. Merry Christmas!

Leavenworth...
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: New Years Eve in Leavenworth

I have always thought that the Chamber of Commerce should organize something. BTW, they do have fireworks . . . in January for the ice fest. Doesn't do any good for New Years Eve though.

But for teenagers, who may not care about fancy dinners (Sleeping Lady resort has a fancy dinner for New Years Eve), there is innertubing at Ski Hill skileavenworth.com/activities/tubing-ski-hill and there is also the Icicle Junction ( http://www.iciclejunction.com/ ), where they have movies, an arcade, and smores every evening during the time you are there.

18. Re: New Years Eve in Leavenworth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, December 15, 2013