We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving dinner 2009

Seattle,Wa
3 posts
Save Topic
Thanksgiving dinner 2009

Can anyone suggest a good resturant for family with 2 teenagers, for Thanksgiving dinner in Leavenworth.

We are staying right in town, but would like a nice place for dinner..Thanks!!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving dinner 2009

I've never eaten Thanksgiving dinner there, but I did go to Andreas Keller recently. It is in the basement, or more correctly "lower level" underneath Cafe Mozart. It had a cozy not cold feel.

They have some dishes that would work for a holiday dinner, such as a half roasted chicken and a roasted ham hock (like a small ham!). The chicken is called "Oktoberfest style" but they serve it all year. You could order them to share, with side dishes, so you'd have more of a family style meal. Be sure to get a giant pretzel for the teenagers -- it is awe inspiring!

Check first of course to see who's open on Thanksgiving.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving dinner 2009

you might google their tourism and e-mail them.

Leavenworth...
Level Contributor
91 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving dinner 2009

The Sleeping Lady Mountain Retreat has special holiday meals, even if you are not staying there, though you need to make reservations. I have not eaten there, but other reviews from Tripadvisor have said that the food is very good, as is the service, and they are kid friendly.

http://www.sleepinglady.com/home/

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

These reviews are mainly for the accomodations, but some reviews talk about the food.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,107 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving dinner 2009

I don't know about Thanksgiving, but we have stayed in Leavenworth over Christmas many times and had very nice meals at Cafe Mozart.

Andreas Kellar, which was mentioned, is also very good. Just much more casual than Cafe Mozart. We have been to AK numerous times and it is always fun, and the food is good. The ham hock is HUGE and always draws lots of oohs and ahhs from fellow diners. The chicken is my favorite thing there. The musicians play, and many people join in the chicken dance. Yes, it is fun:)

Seattle,Wa
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving dinner 2009

Thank-you very much! :.)

Seattle,Wa
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving dinner 2009

Thasnks for your help!

Puyallyp, WA
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving dinner 2009

We go to Leavenworth every year for Thanksgiving. We have had Thanksgiving dinner multiple times at both, JJ Hill's @ the Icicle Inn and The Alley Cafe'. We have chosen The Alley Cafe' the last couple years and will be doing so again this year.

Leavenworth...
Level Contributor
161 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving dinner 2009

I work in Leavenworth and we just got the holiday list of restaurants open for Thanksgiving here it goes Sleeping Lady, Ally Cafe, Andreas Keller, JJ hills and happy valley Chinese, thats not very many to choose from hope this helps.

9. Re: Thanksgiving dinner 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, May 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Leavenworth