We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2013 River of Fire Festival

Bonney Lake...
Level Contributor
25 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
2013 River of Fire Festival

My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary on July 4th, in Kennewick. I would like suggestions on the best place, in your opinion, to view the River of Fire fireworks? Thank you for any/all suggestions.

6 replies to this topic
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2013 River of Fire Festival

There aren't a lot of people posting from the tri cities. Check the local paper if no one responds. River of Fire is a great name for a fireworks festival, though it sounds lie it should be on the Ohio back when severely polluted...

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2013 River of Fire Festival

We never go into the park in Kennewick to view the fireworks because it is crazy afterward getting out of the park but that would be your best spot to view them up close. We have friends of ours who drive over to the Pasco side of the river and watch. We live in Kennewick and just drive up to the top of the hill the overlooks the basin. You get the view of the fireworks but no music to go with it and the traffic going home afterward is much better. :)

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2013 River of Fire Festival

I should mention that Columbia Park in Kennewick is where there is parking and vendors and things for the River of Fire. Sorry I forgot to include that..

Bonney Lake...
Level Contributor
25 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2013 River of Fire Festival

lovetotravel450 - thank you so much for the information. We are staying at the Clover Island Inn and thought we might borrow bicycles to ride into the park. Do you know if the festival is geared more towards the north end of the park or the south end? Do you know if it's possible to sit on the bridge, without a vehicle, to view the fireworks? Thank you for any thoughts on the matter.

Seattle
Level Contributor
6,113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2013 River of Fire Festival

ainwa,

I think you mean the Cuyahoga River. That's the one that burned. - Or did the Ohio burn too?? Wouldn't be surprised!

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2013 River of Fire Festival

You should be able to see them pretty well at the Clover Island Inn. The Fireworks are on a Barge in the River fairly close to the Blue Bridge. I'm not sure about being on the bridge. Going into the park there is an entrance fee of $7 and there are local musicians that preform starting around Noon and going all day until the show. Hope this helps!

Reply to: 2013 River of Fire Festival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kennewick
More Kennewick Topics