We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clallam transit Port Angeles- to Forks

Which Forks hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
clallam transit Port Angeles- to Forks

Hi everyone!

Has anyone used the Clallam transit from Port Angeles to Forks?. I'm looking for advice on using it, how long does it take, pricing ect.

Will be making the trip in February next year,

Thanks everyone!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clallam transit Port Angeles- to Forks

http://clallamtransit.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: clallam transit Port Angeles- to Forks

Thanks for your reply, ive been on the site, but was just looking to find out more about what people thought, how easy it is ect.

Thanks!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,585 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clallam transit Port Angeles- to Forks

I imagine it's a complete pain in the butt. Once you arrive in Forks, what will you do then?

Are you able to rent a car? It really is the best way to get around.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: clallam transit Port Angeles- to Forks

I would suppose the site lists fares and schedules?

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: clallam transit Port Angeles- to Forks

Please tell us more about what you are planning to do. If you are trying to visit the Olympic Peninsula without a car, you are in for a very bad time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: clallam transit Port Angeles- to Forks

Was planning on visiting Forks for the 'Twilight' sites ect. I read there was a tour you can do there ect.

Although a suppose it would be better to rent a car.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,585 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: clallam transit Port Angeles- to Forks

I've read that Meyer chose Forks, not knowing anything about it, based on it's remote location on the map. So, indeed, a car will serve you well.

Enjoy your visit,

edward

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: clallam transit Port Angeles- to Forks

Let me issue some cautions. February is not a good time to visit Forks. There is a real possibility that there would be snow or black ice on portions of the drive to Forks, and the weather will be cold and wet. This would make waiting at an open bus stop very uncomfortable; in the worst case, snow could reduce the already limited bus schedule. Europeans and visitors from the UK are used to excellent public transportation and are unprepared for how limited and downright inconvenient American public transportation is. Clallam County is simply enormous. You really cannot get around by bus. Rent a car if you must come.

In addition to all this, you should know that the Twilight craze has started to ebb in Forks, and much of the tourism infrastructure related to Twilight has shut down. Dazzled by Twilight is gone, as are all the tours except for one. I am not sure that Native by Twilight, the remaining tour operation, runs in February, which is one of our least visited months in the Olympic Peninsula. Do check to make sure that any tour you might choose is still running during your proposed visit.

Finally, I hope you are aware of the great distances you would have to travel if you came to Forks from Seattle. It's a 4 hour trip by car, virtually an all day trip by bus. You could fly to Fairchild Airport just west of Port Angeles and rent a car, but even then you would be facing an hour plus drive to Forks during winter weather.

On the bright side, I can at least offer the following. February can be a pleasant month out here. The days start to lengthen, and we often have a period of sunshine and mild temperatures. However, there is no way to predict when the "February thaw" will arrive. It could happen at any time during the month, and it could be followed by a cold, snowy spell.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: clallam transit Port Angeles- to Forks

Ok thanks for your advice, much appeciated! :)

Forks, Washington
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: clallam transit Port Angeles- to Forks

Please contact the Forks Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Information Center with questions. Although Dazzled by Twilight has closed, there are many stores that feature Twilight-type merchandise. We still have many Twilight fans visiting Forks from the US and overseas. Thank you!

info@forkswa.com