We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forks, Washington Twilight tour

Which Forks hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Forks, Washington Twilight tour

I'm taking two excited teenage girls to Forks for Spring break to see all the sites that were in the Twilight book. We have planned 5 days. Can anyone tell me if this is a reasonable amount of time? I was thinking it may even be too long. There seems to be plenty of other things we could do in this beautiful part of the world! Thanks.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,894 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forks, Washington Twilight tour

do a search on here for Forks or Twilight. There are several similar posts all with advice. If you search first then you can see what others have suggested. Most of the filming apparently was in Oregon. You can also research seattletimes.com as they did an article about Forks and the 'tours'.

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forks, Washington Twilight tour

Here's a list of book-oriented tour stops:

http://www.afterthebite.com/page/7526

You could do that easily in a day. The interesting sights in the area are outside of Forks and Port Angeles. It's an area of tremendous natural beauty, where you could easily spend five days:

Rialto Beach

La Push

Hoh Rain Forest

Ruby Beach

Kalaloch Lodge

Clallam Bay

Cape Flattery

Makah Indian Museum

Lake Ozette

Cape Avala

Lake Crescent

Lake Quinault

Sol Duc Hot Springs

more...

Seattle
Level Contributor
138 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Forks, Washington Twilight tour

That sounds like the right amount of time to me... but then I am a fan of both Twilight and the Olympic Peninsula. You might get tired of hearing the girls talk about Twilight but you won't get tired of the scenery.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Forks, Washington Twilight tour

I think the movie was filmed in Oregon.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Forks, Washington Twilight tour

The movie was filmed in Oregon, but the books all take place on the Peninsula, so one decides if they want to see the REAL Twilight destinations, or the MOVIE ones (ok; it is a work of fiction, but we are talking about obsessed fans here).

Clearly, the vampires live on the peninsula, not in Oregon, so if you want to run in to one (omigod, they are Sooooo cute!) you'll need to be near Forks.

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Forks, Washington Twilight tour

That's right. The vampires prefer the deeper, gloomy weather of Forks and the peninsula.

Las vegas
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Forks, Washington Twilight tour

Im actually planning to take a trip down there myself there but starting in portland. There is this topic from monkey001 i think and he described his trip so nicely from every sight seeing he did. search under portland

Tracy, N.California
Level Contributor
406 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Forks, Washington Twilight tour

Latincherry after i recieved your email from TA I came to see what was going on on the Forums...first of all I'm a girl :)and monkey is what I call my cat... lol..funny

AlbertaMolly I did a Twilight inspired trip to Oregon where Twilight the movie was filmed and I also went to Forks where the Twilight the book is based on. Both were excellent!!! I have my trip report here in the Forks forum called "Trip to Portland OR, Forks Wa and Seattle WA 11/14-16/08" check it out...I would recommend you stay in oregon 2 or 3 days and the other 2 or 3 days in Forks.

Good luck!!

Fort Worth
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Forks, Washington Twilight tour

My daughter and I are also visiting Forks this summer. We found a tour that looks pretty good at forksadventures.com. They provide everything you need for five days. Since I don't know my way around or even how to find the places we want to see, I'm thinking about signing up.

10. Re: Forks, Washington Twilight tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:29 am, November 11, 2009