We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back to visit Edmonds

St. Helens, Oregon
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Back to visit Edmonds

My Mom, daughter and & I are driving up from Portland to see our old house and places we remember. We moved from Edmonds to Portland in 1972. I remember Robin Hood Lanes, Madrona Junior high and Aurora Village. I'm sure some of these places aren't around anymore, but it would be fun to hear from people who remember Edmonds the way it used to be.

Seattle
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Back to visit Edmonds

Hello! I grew up in Edmonds - what area are you from? My parents still live there so we go to Edmonds quite often. Robin Hood Lanes is still around. Madrona Jr. High is now a "choice" school for the Edmonds school district, serving kids in grades K-8, who have applied to go there. I used to love Aurora Village when it was a mall! Many years ago they tore it down and put in a Costco and Home Depot. Old Milltown in downtown Edmonds is undergoing a large renovation project. What else do you want to know about?

St. Helens, Oregon
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Back to visit Edmonds

Thanks for the reply! My family and I lived off 229th- actually our address was 8911 227th pl. sw, my grandma lived at the Northwoods apts. My best friend lived on Madrona Lane. When we in jr. high, I used to walk from my house and meet her at the bottom of Madrona Lane and we would walk to school. Do you remember C&H market on Edmonds Way? My brother and I used to walk there with a dime each and get a bag of candy. Those were the days! When did you live there and where did you live? Maybe we went to same school! Too bad about Aurora Village. My grandma used to take me to the donut shop for donuts and juice and to Frederick & Nelson at Christmas to sit on Santa's lap. Those were great days.

edmonds5
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Back to visit Edmonds

I remember the Northwoods Apts. They are now for sale as condominiums! So much has changed around here. We went to Shoreline High School and remember running for Cross Country around Edmonds, and it used to be so wooded. Do you remember the sign on Edmonds Way that used to say Donald Duck Farm?

Aurora Village left about 15 years ago, very sad. It was so great to have that small town feel. Denny's of course is still on 205th -

Sears is still off of Aurora, so many changes... Edmonds is a really busy place now.

4. Re: Back to visit Edmonds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Edmonds