We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kingfish Inn - Westsound vs Eastsound?

Austin
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Kingfish Inn - Westsound vs Eastsound?

We are considering a 3 day trip to Orcas Island. Flying from Seattle via Kenmore Air. Does anyone have a recommendation about where we should fly into - Eastsound or Westsound? It would be easiest for us to fly from Seattle to Eastsound - but would it be easy enough to get to the Kingfish Inn from there? If we fly to Westsound, are there car rentals available there? (Can you drive from Eastsound to Westsound)? We are not familiar with this area at all!

Also, would it be convenient to go on a whale watching tour from Westsound?

Any other helpful advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kingfish Inn - Westsound vs Eastsound?

I responded to you on another post (I think it's less confusing to just have one thread going on related topics FWIW). My advice to take a car with you would apply even more to staying at the Kingfish as the only thing you can walk to is the Westsound Cafe. You'd have to take a cab or shuttle to Deer Harbor for whale watching.

Car rentals are available on the island but they tend to be very expensive.

2. Re: Kingfish Inn - Westsound vs Eastsound?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Eastsound
Recent Conversations