We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle to Camano

Which Camano Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
memphis, tn
Level Contributor
706 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Seattle to Camano

How do we get from Seattle to Camano Island via a ferry? Is it possible to get from San Juan Islands (Orcas Island) to Camano?

What is the weather like in October on Camano Island?

6 replies to this topic
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seattle to Camano

you drive north in I-5 and hang a left through Stanwood. Weather will be either decent or chilly, hard to say.

look at this stuff on gmaps.

Edited: 6:04 am, September 07, 2012
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seattle to Camano

there is no ferry to Camano. Its easily driven and Amtrak has a station in Stanwood if you want to take the train from downtown Seattle. There is also an airport shuttle that serves Camano.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seattle to Camano

To get from the San Juans to Camano, take the ferry back to Anacortes, then drive to I-5 at Mt. Vernon and south to Stanwood. From there, turn west toward Stanwood.

If you are looking to do it without a car, there may be buses but it wouldn't be direct. The Airporter can get you to Mt. Vernon. I'm not sure about Mt. Vernon to Stanwood, or Stanwood to Camano. Getting around on Camano without a car? I don't know if they have a bus system or not.

Camano Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seattle to Camano

Island county has free bus services. There is a Camano island Stanwood, Mount Vernon bus also.

Camano Island...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Seattle to Camano

The free bus service from Camano to Everett, which was heavily used by folks commuting to work in Everett and students going to and from Everett Community College, was discontinued by the legislators who came into office as a result of the last election. Traffic congestion leaving the island on weekday mornings has increased commute times significantly because of the sharp increase in cars on the road as a result.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seattle to Camano

Please note this posting was from 2012

Reply to: Seattle to Camano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Camano Island