We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please don't park at Designated Park & Ride in Bellingham!!

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
1 post
1 review
Please don't park at Designated Park & Ride in Bellingham!!

Just a heads up everyone. Please DO NOT PARK at this parking lot.. Pay the extra couple of dollars per day and you'll have less of a headache and damper on your vacation. So just don't do it!

Here's what happened to us: So I called after providing information by registering through their website. I had called to confirm reservation and to pay the deposit. The initial phone call, I found the guy who had answered the phone a bit brash. He had explained over the phone that they go all by appointment after meeting up at their gate for parking. The guy explained over the phone that if you are more than 5 min late for the appointment that he would have to charge $7 for a missed ride. Fine...

Fast forward to actual departure date. I had missed a phone call 6 minutes before meeting time. So I called back and the guy picked up and I was a bit confused as to find the parking lot. As I asked him where it was located as I was headed the other side alongside the highway he started talking to me in a very condescending tone. As I was more confused as to where to find pacific highway he was yelling at me to turn around and go the opposite direction. Point taken: The sign for Pacific highway and Bakerview was missing. It just said Bakerview and that's it. How was I supposed to know where Pacific highway is if you just see a small road with no sign? I took a guess and took that road and eventually found the damn parking lot. So I was already a bit flustered by the time I reached the lot. So we were let into the gate and parked and as we sat in the taxi the guy goes on about how I have to pay the $7 like he discussed over the phone with me about being more than 5 min late. I was only 3 min late. I'm sorry but I do not count calling me 6 min before actual appointment time to the time I arrived with was 3 min later as more than 5 min late. It was like he just wanted the money and we didn't put up with the fuss as we would have been late if we had to go elsewhere. I did not appreciate being scolded and yelled at. What a rude jerk!! Like have some sympathy and get this, he is the owner of this lot. Way to not bring back any repeat business and slow down the rate of growth for a new business if it only opened in 2011!

Fast forward to return trip. So we were given the option for either call him for a flat rate discount of $8 for pickup or it would be around $10 for all other taxi companies. We decided to not give this guy any more of our money and we would be happy to give another taxi company the $10. So we picked up our bags and met up with the first available taxi that was waiting in the taxi area. As we spoke with the other taxi company, the taxi guy said oh yeah, this guy does not have a good reputation here. We call him "the kid", and he's just shooting himself in the foot for business. We all know about him, but he will learn eventually... So get this, there is a sign at the lot about other taxi companies are not allowed into the lot and guests have to take their bags to their vehicles. Our taxi guy explained having a sign up like that is illegal in Bellingham, you are not allowed to have a sign up like that. Also get this, it only cost us $8.50 on the meter for the cab ride back to the lot, so it's not really much of a discount by using Designated Park N Ride services on the way back! We left this other taxi guy a nice tip. On the way to the airport we left this jerk no tip. He got the extra $7 he wanted... oh and get this the street sign was fixed on the way back. How convenient huh? He must have done that himself to get the extra money from us ha ha ha ha!

DO NOT PARK HERE, SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE!!! I usually do the research ahead of time but I didn't even think of it this time. Read all the other crappy reviews that were left for this lot. This guy needs a lesson in customer service. At first I thought he hates his job, but he owns it. I believe his name is Andrew.

Anyway, my boyfriend and I work for the airline industry, so the word will spread quick like wild fire ;) I would stay FAR FAR FAR away from this lot!!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Please don't park at Designated Park & Ride in Bellingham!!

You had a problem, so you feel nobody should park there? Rather vindictive. Chuck.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,182 posts
381 reviews
2. Re: Please don't park at Designated Park & Ride in Bellingham!!

Putting parts of your long post in all caps is flaming-- equivalent of yelling. I think anyone who reads your whole post will get the point in any event.

I wouldn't choose to park someplace that would charge me money for being a few minutes late upon arrival but if I did, I'd make really sure that I knew exact directions ahead of time (e.g., Google Maps, MapQuest). Arguing over who's watch is correct to avoid the late fee seems pointless. Did you choose this place in the first place because it cost less?

Edited: 7:53 am, January 25, 2014
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,182 posts
381 reviews
3. Re: Please don't park at Designated Park & Ride in Bellingham!!

p.s. if you're so influential in the airline industry that your word will spread like wildfire, you don't need to worry about posting here, do you? You say the place's reputation is already known.

4. Re: Please don't park at Designated Park & Ride in Bellingham!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 27, 2015