We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Amtrak to Bellingham aiport?

Which Bellingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alaska
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Transportation from Amtrak to Bellingham aiport?

What is the cost & best way (bus? taxi?) to get from the Bellingham Amtrak station to the airport? I also welcome suggestions to my travel quandary.

I am flying into Seattle on the President's Day weekend and would like to fly out of Bellingham. The problem is the price of a one-way car rental at that time is prohibitively expensive ($180+/day). I need to spend one day in Seattle before going to Bellingham. Any other suggestions beyond taking the Amtrak to Bellingham and renting a car there?

Washington - the...
Level Contributor
333 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Transportation from Amtrak to Bellingham aiport?

The airport is at the opposite end of town from the train station. Do you just need to get to the airport to get a car? If that is the case, you can rent one from a car place in town and call when you get to the train station for pick up.

The bus doesn't go to the airport and a taxi would be about $20 - $30.

Alaska
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Transportation from Amtrak to Bellingham aiport?

Thanks. Very helpful!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
17,739 posts
102 reviews
3. Re: Transportation from Amtrak to Bellingham aiport?

there is a shuttle from Seattle to Bellingham airport. Here is the link"

airporter.com/schedules/schedules-western-wa

they do show transportation from Alaska ferry which is the same location as Amtrak. Perhaps if enough people wrote this company they might consider a shuttle from Amtrak to BLI since the cheap airfares are increasing demand.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
762 posts
524 reviews
4. Re: Transportation from Amtrak to Bellingham aiport?

the bus does go very close to the airport but not TO the airport, it goes to the main road and then you'd have to walk, no fun if it is raining

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
17,739 posts
102 reviews
5. Re: Transportation from Amtrak to Bellingham aiport?

You might look at Hotwire.com and price of 1 way rental.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Transportation from Amtrak to Bellingham aiport?

Or check with Costco.

7. Re: Transportation from Amtrak to Bellingham aiport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 24, 2014