We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary? Bellingham to Oregon coast (Seaside)

Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary? Bellingham to Oregon coast (Seaside)

My daughter and I are are spending two days in Bellingham in August, then headed down to Portland and the Columbia River Gorge via Seaside. We have three days/ 2 nights to get from Bellingham to Seaside (August 20, 21, ending in seaside on the 22nd)- with a car. Suggestions for routes/places to stay? Many thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Bellingham
Bellingham
Washington
Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,519 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Itinerary? Bellingham to Oregon coast (Seaside)

Seaside to Cannon Beach is only about 10 minutes. I prefer Cannon Beach, hands down. Although most places in CB have 2 night minimum stays in the summer, definitely call around as you can often find a room in a gap between reservations.

Mentioned in this post
Cannon Beach
Cannon Beach
Oregon Coast, OR
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Itinerary? Bellingham to Oregon coast (Seaside)

Cannon Beach is pretty but the town is a little too fancy for me. I prefer Seaside myself. I actually prefer Newport over either, and am in favor of the recommendation to drive south before heading over to the coast.

I like the drive from Salem to Lincoln City and then down. You can see Depoe Bay, Devil's Punchbowl and Yaquina Head. The road to Lincoln City is a much easier drive than the road at Corvallis -- have driven both many, many times. The road to Alsea is a little better than the road to Newport from Corvallis, but the road to Lincoln City is the best.

If time is at a premium, which it is, don't drive the coast road from Cannon Beach south. It Takes Forever -- a fact I recently relearned.

Mentioned in this post
Cannon Beach
Cannon Beach
Oregon Coast, OR
Newport
Newport
Oregon Coast, OR
Salem
Salem
Oregon
Lincoln City
Lincoln City
Oregon Coast, OR
Depoe Bay
Depoe Bay
Oregon Coast, OR
13. Re: Itinerary? Bellingham to Oregon coast (Seaside)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 30, 2011
;