We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wide-open spaces similar to the Midwest

Which Bellevue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wide-open spaces similar to the Midwest

As a transplant from Illinois, I prefer everything about living in the greater Seattle area except for the lack of wide-open spaces. When I lived in Illinois, I would often drive out of city limits on a local road and end up surrounded by fields of soybeans, wheat, and corn. Very few other drivers would be on these roads. Most buildings were farm homes and barns. I could find places like this driving outside of any city in downstate Illinois.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find places like this after driving in a 20+ mile radius around Bellevue. East of the Cascades is too barren and too far to drive regularly. North and south is developed or forested. West is the Puget Sound and my car isn't equipped with hydrofoils.

Do these wide-open places exist in the area?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wide-open spaces similar to the Midwest

Driving to a mountaintop is an intriguing idea. I'll check that out. Also, the Kent Valley area near Auburn looks promising.

12. Re: Wide-open spaces similar to the Midwest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, January 22, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Bellevue