We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay near Bellvue, but not in Bellvue??

Which Bellevue hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Stay near Bellvue, but not in Bellvue??

My husband has a conference at the Westin in Bellvue. I have read about the bus from downtown Seattle, but I don't think he wants to travel 20-25 minutes to the hotel. Is there a nice area closer to Bellvue?

Thanks for your advice.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay near Bellvue, but not in Bellvue??

Kirkland, just north of Bellevue, is a neat town with galleries, coffee shops, marina and more. http://tinyurl.com/3dhlmps The Heathman has gotten some good reviews.

But, why not simply lodge in Bellevue? Perhaps I am missing something in your post.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay near Bellvue, but not in Bellvue??

It didn't seem that interesting for a tourist. Am I wrong?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,685 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay near Bellvue, but not in Bellvue??

no your right, its a suburb but its across a lake so anywhere else your going to have to deal with traffic crossing a bridge. Staying on the eastside will be very limiting if your intent is to go sightseeing. The bus into Seattle isn't bad fromn Bellevue.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay near Bellvue, but not in Bellvue??

While it's true Bellevue is a suburb and not very interesting for a tourist, it's also not a bad place, and there are even some decent dining options there now. Since it's important for your husband to be close to the conference, I think it makes sense to stay in Bellevue, and you could easily take the bus into Seattle for sightseeing. The Heathman in Kirkland would be another option, and it is a nice lakeside community, but I'm not sure that is very interesting to a tourist for very long, and the bus ride into downtown Seattle will be a bit longer (you have way more options from the Bellevue Transit Center).

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay near Bellvue, but not in Bellvue??

Either be right in Bellevue or right in Seattle -- either you or your husband will have to do the bus ride. It is not bad either way (and I speak from personal experience).

To me, it makes more sense for him to bus to the conference and bus back. That way you're in place to see things together when he's done meeting up.

6. Re: Stay near Bellvue, but not in Bellvue??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, June 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bellevue