We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visitors to the Northwest- staying in Bainbridge

New Orleans
1 post
Save Topic
First time visitors to the Northwest- staying in Bainbridge

We are renting a house in west Bainbridge island. There will be eight family members in our party.my daughter and son in law, our 21 yr old daughter, my husband and two grandchildren ages 8 years and a toddler.Since it will be a long travel day i was hoping to have a few provisions in place. Are there any grocery store or services that I can order some staples and have them delivered to the house we are renting prior to our arrival? How far is shopping from the Crystal Springs area?

any help will be appreciated.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visitors to the Northwest- staying in Bainbridge

The Island is not that big and getting around is very easy. There is a Safeway and a Thriftway each 5 minutes from the ferry and a large hardware everything store. My favorite is the Thriftway, which is more expensive, but I like shopping there. It is two blocks to the left on Winslow Way after you get off the ferry.

Bainbridge Island...
Level Contributor
55 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time visitors to the Northwest- staying in Bainbridge

and by Thriftway you mean T & C :) (are you thinking of Vashon?)

T & C is on the road to the left as you go through the intersection from the ferry (Winslow). I think it's open until 9 or 10pm? It is smaller but has a great selection of fresh foods, bulk foods, cheeses and other basic groceries.

The Safeway is open 24/7 and you will continue straight off the ferry and there is an intersection 305/Highschool Road you will take a left (there will be a McD on the right) you don't notice them at first because of the lovely trees. But it will be the next intersection after the ferry one. (also a RiteAid, Subway and few other stores in that shopping center)

Crystal springs is not far, Depending on where you are going, also the roads are a little curvy and narrow so be careful navigating your first time. Probably will take about 10min from the ferry.

Enjoy your trip :)

Mentioned in this post
Vashon
Vashon
Washington
Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time visitors to the Northwest- staying in Bainbridge

T@C is a Throftway. Did you know this post is two years old!

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time visitors to the Northwest- staying in Bainbridge

Sorry I meant to say TandC was a Thriftway in 2011.

Bainbridge Island...
Level Contributor
55 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time visitors to the Northwest- staying in Bainbridge

Nope, I just narrowed it to BI and was trying to be helpful, ROFL.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time visitors to the Northwest- staying in Bainbridge

Its easy to overlook.

7. Re: First time visitors to the Northwest- staying in Bainbridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bainbridge Island