We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Seattle View at Rockaway Beach

Southaven, MS
Level Contributor
27 posts
47 reviews
A Seattle View at Rockaway Beach

We spent a 4-day weekend on Bainbridge Island in mid-June 2010. As you can see from the scarcity of hotels and B&Bs listed on this site, accommodations on the island are limited. This led me to look for alternatives. I came across Bainbridge Island Vacation Rentals (http://www.bainbridgevacationrentals.com/). We looked at several offerings from them and chose "A Seattle View at Rockaway Beach." It was $295 per night plus tax and a $150 cleaning fee for a total of $1455 for 4 nights.

The house faces due east on the southeast corner of the island directly on the Sound. Across the Sound is the Seattle skyline. It's less than 50 feet from the water. The Seattle-Bainbridge Island ferry comes directly at the house before it turns north to Bainbridge harbor. Mt. Rainier is visible to the south just over the trees.

The house was wonderful. It's a roomy cottage with a large master bedroom and a loft bedroom, both with queen beds. The bedrooms are on the entry level which is the 2nd level with an open den, dining area, and kitchen with a bar on the lower level.

The master bedroom has a full-sized sliding glass door onto a deck. The downstairs has a full-width deck with a patio table and chairs. A gas grill is available. The east-facing den has an all glass wall. One night we sat on the couch and read while we watched the Seattle skyline light up.

There are two full baths, one up and one down both with showers. Hair dryers and toiletries were provided. There is a washer/dryer room with ironing board and iron.

The kitchen and bathrooms are clean but haven't been updated. Wireless Internet is provided but I had trouble connecting so I used my own router. There's an aged big screen TV with satellite and a DVD player but you probably won't ever want to use it.

We enjoyed the small town atmosphere of Bainbridge with the emphasis on small. Our goal was not to make this a relaxation trip not a shopping trip. There were plenty of shops to entertain us between reading our novels. We ventured across to Poulsbo one day where there a few more shops.

Similarly there are just a few places to eat in Bainbridge but the ones we found were all good. We enjoyed the Harbour Public House so much we ate there twice. We also had lunch one day at Café Nola and snacked at the Mora Ice Cream Company. Dinner one night was at Winslow Way Café. We even ordered pizza delivered from That's A Some Pizza!

The weather was perfect for us. The lows were in the low 50s and the highs near 70 but never reaching. Long sleeves or a light jacket felt good anytime but was needed at night. Surprisingly it never rained on us.

One of our objectives was to do some wine shopping but we hit Eleven's tasting room first and never left! Be sure and watch the wineries of Bainbridge Island site (http://bainbridgewineries.com/) to see when the wineries are open.

Our pictures are at picasaweb.google.com/bensalbums/Bainbridge

Edited: 6:18 pm, July 09, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
92 reviews
1. Re: A Seattle View at Rockaway Beach

Thanks so much! I loved your pictures.

2. Re: A Seattle View at Rockaway Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 07, 2011