We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Seattle

houston. tx
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Seattle

We are driving from Victoria to Seattle September 1. We are crossing on the CoHo from Victoria to Port Angeles and then driving to Seattle. Can we make reservations on the Washington State Ferry for the crossing from Bainbridge to Seattle? We have reservations at Hotel 1000 and it looks like the ferry will dock "in our back yard".

How far in advance do we need to plan to arrive for boarding? This is our first time Washington so any advise will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

jj

Mentioned in this post
Port Angeles
Port Angeles
Washington
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Washington
Washington
United States
shoreline
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Ferry to Seattle

Pala tends to the verbose but is correct.

Seattle area
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ferry to Seattle

...and the view of the Seattle skyline as you ride the ferry from Bainbridge Island is a wonderful entry to Seattle, compared to driving a long slog north in I-5 freeway traffic from Tacoma to downtown Seattle (past innumerable strip malls and chain stores).

It's only a little over a half hour ferry crossing, and if you go up on deck, so rewarding. I say that even though I have travelled both routes many many times to/from the Kitsap Peninsula, that I always enjoy the view on the ferry ride, which can include Mt. Rainier to the south on a really great day!

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Tacoma
Tacoma
Washington
Rainier
Rainier
Washington
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ferry to Seattle

Seems to be personal preference. The ferry costs more and can take longer. But it's a ferry ride!

I'll take the ferry any day.

houston. tx
Level Contributor
161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ferry to Seattle

Thanks, Chuck! No fear of water here....so ferry it will be!

jj

15. Re: Ferry to Seattle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, December 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bainbridge Island