We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current show at Wohlfahrt Haus

Which Wytheville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
362 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Current show at Wohlfahrt Haus

We saw the current show at WH - " Smoke on the Mountain Homecoming". We had seen the first " Smoke on the Mountain" performance and it was one of the best I"ve ever seen. I laughed at that one until I cried. Sadly, this production came no where near that one in quality. We have been going to WH for a long time and seen many plays. I had always told people " I've never seen a bad show there". Well, I can't say that anymore. I'm sure the actors in this show are nice people, and they worked hard. But - the spark was not there. A couple of the actors had nice singing voices, but some were down right irritating! Frankly, the writing for this show was poor also. It was actually boring.The lines were just not funny like the first show. The actors did not play the instruments - they pantomimed.

Visits to Wohlfahrt Haus used to feel special. It didn't feel that way this time. Most of the audience raised their hand that this was their first time. I heard almost no laughter or reaction from them - which said it wasn't just us. Before, people were howling with laughter. Something is wrong at Wohlfahrt. Maybe it is personnel changes or something...but it is just not a good value anymore. The food was OK but not worth what you pay. We left feeling a little sad that after years of wonderful memories here, we probably would not be back unless we knew the actors who would be in the show. It seemed like a high school production that cost us a hundred bucks with tip.

Edited: 3:02 pm, January 21, 2014
1 reply
New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Current show at Wohlfahrt Haus

I happen to know a few actors in the cast and know for a fact that they played every note in the show. If you think the playing was pantomimed, then you are greatly mistaken. I have not seen the production yet, but I am looking forward to catching it next weekend.

Reply to: Current show at Wohlfahrt Haus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wytheville
More Wytheville Topics