We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with what to do in CW

Butler, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with what to do in CW

My daughter is visiting Wm and Mary this coming weekend and Dad and Mom are tagging along.

We will have 2 full days and 3 nights. What is the best plan and/or the best things to see and do?

I read about getting tickets for admission. What happens in the evenings? Any good suggestions?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with what to do in CW

Evening programs are excellent, but require additional tickets with or without admission passes. Check out the calendar at history.org for the days you are visiting. You can also walk the streets in the evening as well. Duke of Glouchester St. is a favorite running route for Wm and Mary students. Read the many restaurant reviews on this site for dining suggestions.

Enjoy your visit.

Edited: 2:03 pm, March 19, 2013
Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with what to do in CW

If you haven't done the Colonial Williamsburg tour, it is definitely worth your time! I think if you buy daytime admission tickets, you can receive a discount for the evening programs. The ghost tours are popular as well as the courthouse reenactments. Friday night "Cry Witch," a witchcraft jury trial in the courthouse is scheduled.

Aromas coffee shop, adjacent to William and Mary campus and Merchant's Square, is a popular hangout for college students and has live music on weekend evenings.

Enjoy and good luck to your daughter in her college visits!

3. Re: Help with what to do in CW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 22, 2014