We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busch Gardens Dining Certifiates

Ct
4 posts
Save Topic
Busch Gardens Dining Certifiates

I am a single mom on a budet. My children (twins - 10 yrs old) and I will coming to the Colonial Williamsburg area during April vacation (4/13-20). We will be at Busch Gardens twice during the week. I am thinking of purchasing dining certificates. My children are not big eaters and would be fine with kid sized meals. Would it be better to purchase 2 Platnum Dining Certificates at $15.29 each per day, and split the food between the 3 of us, or 2 Children's Dining Certificates (ages 3-9) at $5.99 each and 1 Gold Dining Certificate at 13.99 for me (for ages 3+), or 3 Gold Dining Certificates? My questions are: how do they check their ages for the Children's Dining Certificate, and how much food would there be for each type of certificate? AND do the dining certificates save money, or would it be better to just buy a la carte? Thanks!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busch Gardens Dining Certifiates

To answer your last question first, the certificates definitely save money. How much depends on what you use them for, but purchasing on entree, side or dessert, and drink will cost more than the Gold Certificate costs, and purchasing an entree, 2 sides/dessert, and drink will cost more than the Platinum Certificate. BG has a reusable drink cup that may be worth the initial cost to you because of the inexpensive refills, and water in the cup is free.

I can't advise you on how they check children's ages for the child's meal certificate, but you can call BG to ask. If you decide not to go with the kids meals, buy a Platinum Certificate, split the entree, the side and dessert. The portions are usually ample enough to do that, especially if the kids aren't big eaters.

BG has picnic tables outside the park, so to save some money, you can leave the park, get the cooler you packed in the car, and eat outside before going back in. If you're using single day tickets, be sure to get your hands stamped for re-entry. Or you can even drive to one of the nearby fast food places. Your parking receipt gets you back in for parking, and your hand stamp gets you back in the park.

The days you are here, BG is open only on the weekends (Friday-Saturday-Sunday).

Edited: 3:25 pm, March 14, 2013
Ct
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Busch Gardens Dining Certifiates

Zooey, thanks for the quick reply.

I thought of the cooler idea but once the kids get into Busch Gardens, they probably won't want to stop to eat at a restaurant, let alone get on a shuttle to the parking lot, etc! We'll be staying at a timeshare, so I'll be able to save $$$ on breakfast and dinner in the unit, so I'll splurge on a few meals out. I know Busch Gardens won't be open everyday, so I am planning to go on Sunday and then Friday.

Ct
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Busch Gardens Dining Certifiates

Is the refillable mug only good for one day? Is it dated, or do they use a different color for different days of the week?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Busch Gardens Dining Certifiates

No, it's always good. I'm still using the one I bought two or three years ago. I think last year refills were 99 cents for soft drinks, and 1.99 for frozen refills, no charge for tap water with ice.

Saturdays are always busier, so I think your Sunday/Friday plans are good.

Edited: 11:06 pm, March 14, 2013
5. Re: Busch Gardens Dining Certifiates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 16, 2014