We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with a 20 months old baby?

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northfork, West...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Traveling with a 20 months old baby?

Hi all,

My husband and I have a 20 months old boy and we live in Virginia. Every time there is a three day weekend, we stay home and think that we can't really go anywhere with a baby. It's getting really boring and I've seen other couples taking their kids everywhere and won't just stay home! So, I was wondering where do you guys suggest we go (Williamsburg or anywhere else) to have a nice time on a three day holiday (i.e. Feb 18th).

Thanks in advance

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
12,183 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with a 20 months old baby?

We were one of those couples that went everywhere, including overseas trips, with our babies/toddlers/children. So, I'm one to encourage traveling with children whenever possible.

Traveling with a 20-month-old can be a bit of a challenge because they are walking at that age and they want to go, go, go. But the Williamsburg area can work because there's lots of green space at the various sites (Colonial Williamsburg, Historic Jamestowne, Yorktown Battlefield) where children can run about (under close supervision, of course.)

However, the weather in Williamsburg for the upcoming long weekend is looking a bit cold and perhaps snowy for a lot of outdoor time with a toddler, unless you enjoy those types of temperatures. I would normally suggest Virginia Beach as an alternative (beach walks, playgrounds, hotel with indoor pool) but the long weekend is not looking too good there either.

I'd suggest you keep watching the weather and see what happens. Hopefully, you'll be able to get out somewhere for the long weekend.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with a 20 months old baby?

Hi There,

You absoulutely can travel and build so many memories with even the youngest of children. I always find a change of scenery and getihng away from everyday life does everyone a world of good. Find a hotel with an indoor pool and also get a room with maybe a minifridge and a microwave to keep snacks and drinks on hand. If you go to the chamber of commerce website they often let you know where local playgrounds and parks are located. My little ones love animals so zoos and farms are always a big hit. Good luck and enjoy!

3. Re: Traveling with a 20 months old baby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 15, 2014