We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chirstmas Town at Busch Gardens

Turkey
Level Contributor
47 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Chirstmas Town at Busch Gardens

Hi,

My husband and I with our 8 year old son are planning on going to Colonial Williamsburg on 14th December leaving DC area after work, and coming back on 16th. So we will have all day Saturday and half-day Sunday. Would the time be too short to see what needs to be seen? I want to feel the atmosphere of Chirstmas, two years ago we were in Orlando for ten days in November and loved it there. Do you think we could only visit Busch Gardens, or would there be extra time to see other parts of Williamsburg? Would you say even to see Busch Gardens it would worth driving from DC Area and spending at least 500 dolars for hotel, dining and attractions? What is a bounce ticket ? Busch Gardens has two different kind of prices, which I really don't have any idea of. I have never been to Busch Gardens. Thank you

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,913 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chirstmas Town at Busch Gardens

The Bounce tickets provides admission to both Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. A day and a half is a pretty short time for just Colonial Williamsburg. Christmas Town opens at 3, so if you are in the parking lot by 2:30, you'll be able to get in, and some areas of the park may be open before 3. In theory, you could go to CW morning and early afternoon of the 15th, Christmas Town afternoon/evening, and explore some more CW on the 16th before returning home. Does that sound do-able and "worth it" to you?

Turkey
Level Contributor
47 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chirstmas Town at Busch Gardens

Thank you very much for your post. I think what you have seems good for now. In the future, summer time might be much better for exploring CW I guess. So maybe this time we could drive in the morning on Saturday. Be at the Chirstmas Town at Busch Gardens and stay 1 night there. So we could feel the atmosphere. And in summer we could spend at least 4 days to explore CW. And this could save us some money. After I posted this question, I saw other posts recommending to stay long for CW. Thank you again!!

HFC
Level Contributor
357 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chirstmas Town at Busch Gardens

If you want to pick up the atmosphere of Colonial Williamsburg, you can with certain restrictions ...

You cannot ride the shuttle bus owned by CW (Colonial Williamsburg) unless you have a admission ticket / pass for each person in your party.

You cannot enter into any historic structure with a British flag flying outside and a "minder" in period dress, if you don't have a ticket for every person in your party.

Going into the CW Visitors Center and watching the movie starring Jack Lord (of Hawaii Five-O orginial TV show fame) might be possible.

HFC
Level Contributor
357 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chirstmas Town at Busch Gardens

You may want to talk to these people about your concerns ...

Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance

421 North Boundary Street

Post Office Box 3495

Williamsburg, Virginia USA 23187-3495

757-229-6511

757-229-2047 Fax

wacc@williamsburgcc.com

Turkey
Level Contributor
47 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chirstmas Town at Busch Gardens

OK! Thank you!

6. Re: Chirstmas Town at Busch Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 17, 2013