We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please share tips for trip 12/26-12/30 with teenagers

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville,FL
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
please share tips for trip 12/26-12/30 with teenagers

Husband and I are taking our two boys (17 and 14) to Colonial Williamsburg for the first time for the week after Christmas. We have purchased the bounce tickets for the 3 days we will be there for Colonial Wiliamsburg and Busch Gardens Christmas towne. We are staying off property at Residence Inn. From what I have read here on the forum, there is a visitor parking lot and then you get a trolley/bus ride around the Colonial section? Is it walkable also?It looks like the tickets gets you into some of the historic buildings, but other programs needs separate tickets? Which of those "extras" would you recommend to a family with teenage boys? Which would give us the most history or most "Christmastime" feel? Any dining suggestions woould also be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,749 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please share tips for trip 12/26-12/30 with teenagers

It's a great time to come! If you haven't already, download the Holiday Planner here: http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/holidays/ to look at the programming for the days you'll be here. There are Tavern Ghost Walks listed that would be fun for the family, and quite a few other things. It just depends on your interests.

The Visitors Center has a vast parking lot. From the VC you can take the shuttle to the Historic Area, but there is also a walking path that goes past Great Hopes Plantation. I recommend you take that at least once, visiting Great Hopes along the way.

There are some special dining events, but a dinner at one of the Taverns is highly recommended.

On the West end of the Historic Area is Merchants Square with a variety of shops and restaurants, ranging from the casual Retros and Aromas to the more upscale Blue Talon Bistro and the Trellis. Away from there, I often recommend Food for Thought and Second Street an American Bistro.

Busch Gardens Christmas Town has gorgeous lights and landscaping, and some good food available too. Be sure to try their hot fudge peppermint cocoa - a great way to warm up when it's chilly!

Well, hope that helps and gets you started. Post back when more questions arise.

2. Re: please share tips for trip 12/26-12/30 with teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 17, 2013