We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in Williamsburg

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve in Williamsburg

I've lived here about 3 years and other than First Night, I haven't found anything else to do.

I'd love to know of any bars or taverns that have a New Year's gathering. That way we can be in close proximity to our house for a cab ride home :)

Even better would be a local hotel offering New Years festivities including a band, food and alcohol with overnight accommodations :)

Thanks for the info!

Williamsburg, VA
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve in Williamsburg

Since it appears that you are a local resident, be sure to check out the ads in the Virginia Gazette for New Year's Eve celebrations -- they should start showing up in the next couple of issues. In past years, several of the hotels on Pochantas Trail and Second Street have New Years's Eve parties with dining and dancing in their confereence rooms. Also, in the past a few of the places have contracted with cab companies to take customers home as part of the evening's deal.

On a smaller scale, Chowning's Tavern on Duke of Gloucester Street in Colonial Williamsburg is always jumping on New Year's Eve. There's dining, drinking and entertainment -- know as Gambols back in colonial times.

Piscataway, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve in Williamsburg

Were thinking of travelling from NJ for a mini-vacation & spending NYE in the WB/HR area, where can visitors find info on NYE celebrations other than First night?, such as hotels w/ NYE packages? Thanks in advance

Williamsburg, VA
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
1,771 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve in Williamsburg

Luvtravel....I've looked but been unable to find any composite listings of New Year's eve lodging/dinner events. As mentioned earlier, most of them are advertised in the VA Gazette, which apparently does not post these types of ads on the paper's web site.

In the past, however, Holiday Inn/Patriot, Crown Plaza Williamsburg, Hospitality House, Sheraton Four Points and the Williamsburg Marriott have had NYE events -- you may wish to contact them individually to see if they have something planned for this year.

And, the Williamsburg Lodge, part of Colonial Williamsburg, will have a New Year's Eve Feast which in the past has been available as part of a lodging package.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve in Williamsburg

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be one comprehensive listing of holiday "parties", but if you don't mind doing a lot of legwork, here are some places to look:

This listing of restaurants allows you to search by “holidays open”. http://williamsburgarearestaurants.com/ New Year’s Eve is not one of the holidays, but the list is probably a good place to start making phone calls.

I chatted online with a live operator at http://visitwilliamsburg.com/index.aspx and she gave me 2 suggestions:

Lexington George Washington Inn has a New Year’s package: lexingtongeorgewashingtoninn.com/specials-pa…

The Holiday Inn Patriot does not show a New Year’s Eve festivity on their website, but they ARE offering one.

As bixdoc has indicated, there probably are several more local hotels.

This is a listing of area hotels and motels. www.williamsburgcc.com/_website/node/85

Sorry we can't come up with something easier to use. I think this would be a good project for someone!

5. Re: New Year's Eve in Williamsburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 16, 2009