We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need any advice.....

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need any advice.....

We will be heading to Virginia beach in June after our wedding. we want a nice romantic place to stay. We definitely want oceanfront. This is what we are looking for: oceanfront balcony, jacuzzi/whirpool suites, not to loud but near shopping areas and restaurants. I have looked through most of the oceanfront hotels and we both have liked the Holiday Inn sunspree & Holiday inn surfside. Anyone have any experiences with these. Which would be better for us? Need to know all I can about these, just dont want to be disappointed on our honeymoon. TIA

Ohio
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need any advice.....

Oh one more thing..... Can anyone that has been there around the first week of June tell me how warm it usually is. I was told that the water there is always somewhat cooler than other places. Is the water still too cold to walk in. We wont be swimming just wanting to walk the shoreline and the boardwalk.

Richmond, VA
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need any advice.....

I would reccommend the Courtyard by Marriott at 37th street. The hotel is conviently located at the northern end of the boardwalk near shops and other places to go. All rooms have Oceanfront Balconies. The hotel also has an indoor pool w/jacuzzi, a Tropical Outdoor pool. Rooms range from standard rooms to Suites with jacuzzi's.

If you stay in Virginia Beach, the weather is going to be in the mid 80's to the low 90's. The water temperature is going to be at least 60-65 degrees which is pretty warm.

Level Contributor
750 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need any advice.....

Be sure to take a walk along the Chesapeake bay and check out the Duck In restaurant on Shore Drive. The water will be warmer - you can actually get in and not freeze but watch out for jellies, you'll see the sun set and it won't be as crowded as the oceanfront.

I live here so I don't know about the hotels...

Early June or late June? It's been unseasonable cool here so who knows what June has in store for us.

pa
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need any advice.....

hey,

Don't know if you have booked a hotel or not. My husband and I booked a jacuzzi suite at the Fairfield/Marriott on the oceanfront. All rooms come with a balcony/oceanfront views and minibar. We are also going to be there the first month of June to celebrate our 1st yr anniversary. Maybe we will see you there!

Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach