We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a rental in sandbridge area

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
62 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a rental in sandbridge area

Hello, from my research it seems Sandbridge is a nice calm, kid friendly beach. I am having trouble locating a small house rental . I need it to be within walking distance to beach access. I hate to ask this in the VA beach travel forum, but I am very interested to know how this beach area compares to the St Pete Beach area down in Florida. We are wanting to visit some place new this year, but yet I dont want the family to be disappointed. Thank you for any tips or answers!

Mentioned in this post
Sandbridge Beach
Sandbridge Beach
1,265 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
Florida
Florida
United States
Altoona...
Level Contributor
357 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a rental in sandbridge area

Sandbridge is a nice quiet beach in a residential area, much more like Haterras in the Outer Banks. If you are looking for distractions beyond the beach for the kids, there isn't anything to speak of really in Sandbridge proper. Red Mill Commons, a major shopping area is about 10 minutes away up Sandbridge road, and it's about 25 -30 minutes to the boardwalk area. Make sure you stop at Handel's Ice Cream in Red Mill ;)

Between Sandbridge and the boardwalk area are the Virginia Aquarium, Motor World go kart park and the water park. The feel is like a lot of the beaches between St Pete and Clearwater. The surf is generally a bit harsher, but it is on the Atlantic rather than the gulf, but the beach is wide and easy to find an uncrowded spot. Lots of ghost crabs to entertain you. Not all sections of the beach are guarded. The center of the beach near the end of Sandbridge road and the southern end in Little Island Park are guarded, the rest of the beach is open but not guarded. It is all patrolled by the guards on 4 wheelers however. Most parts of the area have relatively easy access to the public beach accesses, though some at the extreme northern end and on the southern end on the canals may have a circuitous route to get there. None of them are more than maybe three blocks as the crow flies to the beach, but most of us can't fly over neighboring houses to get to the beach. Whne you are checking properties, search for both Saturday and Sunday arrivals to see the full inventory. There are some smaller three, four and five bedroom homes out there. Realty companies to check would be Sandbridge Realty, Siebert Realty, Beach Pros and Sandbridge Bule.

Edited: 12:25 am, January 28, 2015
Mentioned in this post
Sandbridge Beach
Sandbridge Beach
1,265 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
Outer Banks
Outer Banks
North Carolina Coast, NC
Motor World
Motor World
215 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
2. Re: Looking for a rental in sandbridge area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 30, 2016