We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Where to stay?

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
HELP! Where to stay?

I am going to be coming to visit a college in the area. I need a relatively cheap, clean, safe place to stay, near or around Regent Law School. I have never been to the east coast. I am also traveling alone, so I want to make sure that there are places to eat around there and that the area would be safe. I don't need anything fancy! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
6,829 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: HELP! Where to stay?

I know some people who graduated from there. Here's some of their info on the Regent Law School site:

Lodging

A number of Virginia Beach and Chesapeake hotels are located a relatively short distance from the campus.

Many guests choose to stay at the Founders Inn, located on the Regent Campus. Be sure to ask for the Regent guest rate, when making your reservations.

Regent Village, the on-campus apartment complex, has two fully furnished guest apartments, which are rented on a "first-come, first served" basis. Guest apartments can accommodate up to five people and should be reserved well in advance. For more information, call 757-226-4890.

Note: Regent Village is within walking distance of the campus. The University Shuttle service is also available at specific times.

Those Founders Inn rates...just curious what they are for visiting students. Have you asked the school about housing on campus?

You might give Red Roof Inn on Ballard a try and La Quinta Norfolk Virginia Beach on Newtown a try. We don't go to that area when we are in VB, but ask them how far away they are. Couldn't be too far.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
65 reviews
2. Re: HELP! Where to stay?

The motels around Newtown Rd are probably your best bet. There are several in the Marriott group: SpringHill Suites, Towne Place Suites, and Courtyard. There is also a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, and La Quinta. Good luck with your visit.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: HELP! Where to stay?

Thanks for the suggestions! I had looked at the website for the Hampton, but it's so hard to determine whether hotels are in "okay" places! Thanks again.

Maryland
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: HELP! Where to stay?

I don't know how far this is from the College, but

the Holiday Inn Express that sits right there on 64 was wonderful. It had a nice clean indoor pool. Rooms were clean and nice. It is near the Hampton Coliseum would that be too far for you? And I think there was a Hampton Inn across the street that was pretty clean as well.

5. Re: HELP! Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach