We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms for July 2005, Please Help!!!

Tennessee
2 posts
Save Topic
Rooms for July 2005, Please Help!!!

My family and I have decided to go on vacation together this year. That's if everyone can find a place to stay that's affordable. If my husband and I have to go alone with the children then we will. We are open to a condo or a nice hotel. We do want on the beach. As a family there will probably be 8-10 of us. We have AAA if that makes a difference in price. PLEASE HELP!! I don't want to go back to Myrtle Beach Again!!

annapolis, md
Level Contributor
377 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms for July 2005, Please Help!!!

See if you can rent a timeshare at the Boardwalk. It's very nice and right on the water.

virginia
Level Contributor
21 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms for July 2005, Please Help!!!

The Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center is a great place to stay. They are on the Chesapeake Bay and have their own private beach. All of the rooms are suites so there is a living room and a bedroom. The living rooms have a pull out sleeper sofa and a microwave and refrigerator. All of the suites have a balcony. Their web site is www.virginiabeachresort.com

Check them out!

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms for July 2005, Please Help!!!

We stayed at the Beach Quarters at Clarion recently. It is a Hotel converted to time shares so rooms are small, but condo rental rates were very reasonable for on the Boardwalk and beach. Most units had been recently remodled-ask for those. Each condo has a mini kitchen & a small oceanfront balcony. They are at south end of Virginia Beach which has less "traffic" than area near pier and is near some great restaurants - eg. Watermans. Check out this Virginia Beach Rentals web page for a review of Clarion and some other oceanfront resorts. memorable-beach-vacations.com/virginia-beach… Many great nearby attractions at Virginia Beach + a lot to do right on the Boardwalk and in the area - info and pictures on that at above web site. Clarion had some packages which included a whale watching trip that were reasonably priced. You will definately need 2 - 2-bedroom units there for 8 because of unit sizes.

Hope you have a fun Vacation!

New Jersey
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms for July 2005, Please Help!!!

The Colonial Inn is a nice hotel. Clean, comfortable rooms. Cheaper than the other hotels posted on this site, and closer to all the action! View fireworks right from your balcony in the summer. Great area if you have kids too. Much to do, without having to walk too far! I've stayed here 3 times, and will be returning soon for the 4th.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms for July 2005, Please Help!!!

We have stayed at the Best Western/Holiday Sands in Ocean View which is 15 min. from Virginia beach but w/o the crowd. This motel is oceanfront and clean. Great place and lots of fun and uncrowded beach.

Level Contributor
787 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms for July 2005, Please Help!!!

Come to Virginia Beach! I've been to Myrtle beach and wasn't impressed.

If you don't want the crowds, stay at the north end. the street numbers go up as you go north. Atlantic Ave hotels are usually on the beach or just across the street. have you checked the links on the left for hotels?

The previous post about the conference center on the bay is a great location, not as crowded and great sunsets but not nearly as much to do on Shore Drive as there is on the boardwalk.

Especially in July - Beach events sponsors wonderful free family activities along the boardwalk, free movies, puppet shows, magicians, street musicians, etc.

bring your bikes if you can - we have a separate bath for bikes and walkers.