We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest Hotel to Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
239 reviews
Save Topic
Closest Hotel to Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach

Hi-

We're looking for a hotel to stay at after a concert, preferably something like a homewood suites, Hyatt House, etc. I've found the Hyatt Place Chesapeake/ Greenbrier. Is that the closest hotel or does anyone know of closer or better ones?

Thank you!!

Mentioned in this post
Chesapeake
Chesapeake
Virginia
Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
179 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest Hotel to Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach

No. That is a different city. That city is close, but you probably want to stay in VB if that is where the concert is. My best advice is to look up the zip code of FB live and search for hotels within that zip or near it. If you narrow it down based off that, let me know (message me) what you like and I can tell you about how convenient it will be to the venue. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a hotel super close to that. There is a nice one off Bonney Road (formerly the Clarion) which is maybe 1/4 mile from the interstate (easy access to heading back up north) and is also maybe 5 miles from the venue.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,808 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest Hotel to Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach

Maybe one day there'll be hotels closer because there's more and more going on at the amphitheater and spotsplex area.

If you'd like to head north a bit where you'd be heading to DC next day I guess, Wynnwood is probably closest, although Courtyard at Providence is not far and it's near 64.

The collection at Independence and 264/Virginia Beach Expy is also well located for leaving next morning. As are the hotels around The Town Center, Westin and Hilton Garden Inn.

But here's another idea for something special. Country Villa Inn on four acres on Indian River Road. In the other direction from Wynnwood, but maybe just as close and about 7 miles to the beach (8 minutes drive they say) for a walk next morning. Hot tub, swimming pool outdoors if you're coming in warm weather and in-room jacuzzi for any time.

countryvillainn.com/countryvillainn.com/Welc…

Mentioned in this post
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach
2,460 Reviews
Virginia Beach, VA
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest Hotel to Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach

Thanks, everyone! I'm going to check out these areas. We're actually not headed North afterwards, we're headed South. Normally we would actually just go and drive home late after the concert, but we're headed to North Carolina the next day so we decided it was silly to drive there, drive home, and then essentially go back the next day. The one limitation I thought of after posting this was that we will have our dog with us since he's coming on the NC trip with us.

I appreciate your help and appreciate the place to start!

Mentioned in this post
North Carolina
North Carolina
United States
Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,808 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest Hotel to Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach

You know what...ignore that Providence thing. Someone told me about it but I think it was bad info.

Well, whether you're going to the Outer Banks or further west in NC you would still pass along 64 and that cluster of hotels near Greenbrier Pkwy. There's a Hyatt and I think the ones you mentioned. There's got to be something that allows a dog. The thing is you'll need for the dog to be quiet in the room while you're out. We had most that were quiet. But one, even when with another quiet one, just cried as if she were injured. The first and only time, people thought a dresser had fallen on her or something. So we couldn't leave that one again.

Mentioned in this post
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest Hotel to Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach

Thanks!

6. Re: Closest Hotel to Farm Bureau Live at Virginia Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 20, 2015