We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront Hotel Recommendation 9/13 - 9/15

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Beachfront Hotel Recommendation 9/13 - 9/15

Looking for something with an ocean view for under $200/night.

Wyndham has the right price but the reviews are not great.

I'm a Hilton diamond member and brand loyal - I can get the Hilton for under $200 but they have limited oceanfront rooms (mostly two doubles). I would also consider a Hilton brand off the beach, the Doubletree gets poor reviews but the Hilton Garden Inn Town Center gets very good reviews and is inexpensive. I haven't been to Virginia Beach in many years so I don't know what is around the HGI in terms of making it a desireable off the beach location. Sounds like it is an upscale shopping area with restaurants etc. - is there much nightlife like bars with live music?

Any other suggestions? We are travelling with another couple so a 2 BR Suite may work as well (obviously it would not have to be under $200).

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront Hotel Recommendation 9/13 - 9/15

If you can be sure to bet a side room at the Hilton near the ocean, they are good too, giving you a balcony and long view of the boardwalk, sand and ocean. But you wouldn't want for your puroses a room more toward the front/street. The south side gives you sun all day on your balcony. The north side gives you the view of the park, good or bad depending on whether you want to overlook events held there.

If you were at the Town Center it's a great area with lots of restaurants. But you'd have to drive every day and park at the beach. Not ideal if you want oceanfront...but we do like the Town Center.

Not sure of their prices for your dates....but there's a newer Hampton Inn at about 9th and oceanfront; a nice Springhill Suites beside it with an outdoor pool on the side so it's in the sun, not afternoon shade. The Springhill Suites has a super large suite, about 850 sq ft with a walled, doored totally separate bedroom and a hall to the single bathroom. And the living room has a sleep sofa.

South Chesterfield...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront Hotel Recommendation 9/13 - 9/15

Have been to Virginia Beach many times. I love it, If you can score a oceanfront room for under $200 on labor day weekend that seems like a fair price. I searched a few weeks ago and rooms were averaging 300 a night for ocean front. I like North Virgina Beach around 30th street. It is less crowded than the middle (18th street) I love the Holiday Inn North Beach Hotel. They have an out door pool with a bar and a lazy river inside. They also offer free breakfast and have a nice restaurant onsite. You can take the bus that rides up and down the strip. It was 50 cent the last i checked per person, so it can come in handy. They have a couple of night clubs and a hand full of bars. The younger crowd would like Peabody's as a night club. They also have a club called the cave, but i have never been there. The smaller bars are nice and sometimes have live music. Hope you enjoy your trip.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront Hotel Recommendation 9/13 - 9/15

Thanks for the responses - I checked Springhill Suites and they are booked.

The Hampton Inn is close in price to the Hilton, I could get a premium room with an oceanfront balcony for $179. I get a better breakfast and access to the executive lounge at the HIlton but I would have to just cross my fingers and hope for a room with at least a partial ocean view.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront Hotel Recommendation 9/13 - 9/15

There are the two Hampton Inns, the south one is newer.

Have you tried the Residence Inn?

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront Hotel Recommendation 9/13 - 9/15

Residence Inn is also booked and the north Hampton Inn was more expensive. After looking at pictures online I decided on the Hilton, if I don't get an ocean view from my room we will just have to settle for the rooftop infinity pool which looks wonderful. Thanks for the suggestions!

6. Re: Beachfront Hotel Recommendation 9/13 - 9/15

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach