We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

williamsburg inland?

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lawrenceville, NJ
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
williamsburg inland?

If we are coming from NJ and heading to VB, would it make sense to spend time in Williamsburg on our way back to NJ? Difficult to see on map, could someone verify?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,759 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: williamsburg inland?

I used MapQuest to look at some routings. If you are taking the Eastern Shore north, it's around 310 miles. If you take I-64, to come through Williamsburg, and then continue on I-64, I-95, etc., it's about 395 miles. If you want to visit Williamsburg, you could do it that way, or make a day trip of it during your time at Va Beach.

Level Contributor
750 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: williamsburg inland?

I agree with Zoey and would add that it depends on the time of day you will be traveling. The tunnel via 64 is horrific if you hit it at the wrong time. Also depends on if you are driving straight through. Lots to do in Williamsburg so you'll want to allow plenty of time to do as much as you can.

We much prefer the Eastern Shore route when heading north, less traffic, more scenic drive. Timing a drive on I-95 is crucial if you don't want to be stuck.

3. Re: williamsburg inland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach