We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where on the Beach for adult-fun activities?

East Haven...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where on the Beach for adult-fun activities?

My husband and I have never been to VA Beach and just booked Econolodge Oceanfront for early July. We would like some adult activities, like drinking, walking boardwalk, and I would like to know if where I booked is a good place for that. I couldn't tell so much if I should have gotten a hotel at the top or bottom of the boardwalk? I booked what looked to be busy, as it's right at the end of 21st and 22nd Streets.

We want to be Oceanfront, $200 per night, will enjoy the beach everyday and want good food/drink at night.

Any suggestions or confirmations of my choice is totally appreciated! Thanks!

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where on the Beach for adult-fun activities?

Yes, you are in a good location as it is central and easy to walk everywhere. For the most part anyway. You can also ride the Wave - the electric bus. Cheap.

Nightly entertainment along the Boardwalk will be easy for you to enjoy because of the central location -- easy walk to many stages at both ends with 31st St and 24th St stages being the main ones but there are others as well. Check beachstreetusa.com for a schedule of acts and locations.

You will see lots of bars along Atlantic and Pacific Avenues. Some are in hotels like Mahi Mah's in the Ramada at 6th St. You might also want to check Rudee's, Rockafellers, and Big Sam's down at Rudee Inlet. I would ride the Wave to the end of the Boardwalk and then walk the rest of the way.

Edited: 7:01 pm, June 04, 2013
Altoona...
Level Contributor
341 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where on the Beach for adult-fun activities?

There are several 'hole-in-the-wall' type bars right across the street from your hotel. Higher end clubs are up and down the Avenue. Exploring all the nooks and crannies is one of the delights of VB. Everytime we venture up to the resort area, we always find someplace new and interesting...

3. Re: Where on the Beach for adult-fun activities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 06, 2014