We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocmd vs virginia beach

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
886 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Ocmd vs virginia beach

We love ocean city md. Are things about the same or better or not as good here? Worth the travel?

Altoona...
Level Contributor
341 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocmd vs virginia beach

Definitely worth the trip. The beach at VB is wide and flat, the boardwalk is a wide paved walking path with separate path for biking that runs parallel. There are no stores and attractions directly on the boardwalk. The shops, clubs, arcade style places are all a block off the boardwalk on Atlantic Avenue. During the summer there are fireworks at 20th street over the Atlantic on I believe Wed and Sat nights, and the beach street performers, auditioned street performers hired by the city of Virginia beach to perform on Atlantic Avenue daily. There are several stages along the 3 mile length of the boardwalk where there are free concerts, also on an almost daily basis. VB is a very family friendly location and there are special events and festivals all through the season.

Besides the beach centric attractions you have the Virginia Aquarium a couple miles from the resort and Ocean Breeze Water Park and a go kart park just out of town. The back bay wildlife area and first landing state park add hiking and nature trails to the menu. For us, OC is not even on our list, VB is easier to get around, and seems cleaner. You also have Busch Gardens about 90 minutes away as well as historic Williamsburg. All in all VB is our favorite Atlantic Coast beach.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,819 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocmd vs virginia beach

I would agree with the previous poster. I prefer Virginia Beach far and above Ocean City, MD. I also agree that VA Beach is much cleaner and family friendly. If you tire of the beach and sand there are so many other things to do in VA Beach and Norfolk.

3. Re: Ocmd vs virginia beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 26, 2014