We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been to VA Beach, want to book for early July.

nyc
Level Contributor
657 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Never been to VA Beach, want to book for early July.

Thinking of combining several days of VA Beach with several days in Williamsburg, VA. Would be coming with a family and 2 kids.

1. What kinds of activities are available during the evening on/near Boardwalk?

2. What about indoor activities if it rains?

3. How is the area near 37th st and 9th st? Those are locations of 2 marriotts that I was considering.

4. Any other tips?

Thanks !

Mentioned in this post
~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never been to VA Beach, want to book for early July.

You will find a lot of helpful information on Trip Advisor.

To start, there will be PLENTY for you and your family to do... ESPECIALLY in July and ESPECIALLY along the boardwalk. Everything from restaurants and shops, to mini golf, arcades, rides and attractions... not to mention a WONDERFUL beach.

Both areas are good for your family- both are on opposite ends of the boardwalk. 37th street is closer to the residential neighborhoods, and in my opinion may be a "nicer" area, but that doesn't mean down by 9th street isn't nice or unsafe or anything like that. I just prefer to Northern end of the boardwalk more because its closer to my house! Restaurants and activities are spread throughout the boardwalk so either end will be ok.

You are planning well in advance, and others will chime in to help. You will really enjoy Virginia Beach!

Here is a good link to events and activities going on in Virginia Beach

http://www.beachstreetusa.com/

Altoona...
Level Contributor
351 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never been to VA Beach, want to book for early July.

Here are some rainy day ideas tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i2217-Rainy_Day… and for info on what is going on on Atlantic Avenue and the boardwalk check out http://www.beachstreetusa.com

Edited: 3:52 pm, February 25, 2013
nyc
Level Contributor
657 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never been to VA Beach, want to book for early July.

Thanks for the information.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Never been to VA Beach, want to book for early July.

Check with your hotel, but a lot of them will require a 2-3 night minimum stay during the summer.

5. Re: Never been to VA Beach, want to book for early July.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Virginia Beach