We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute booking for just a couple days?

mississauga
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Topic
Last minute booking for just a couple days?

My husband, 10 year old son and i will be travelling week of August 20 and staying at virginia beach for a couple days.

We like a nice, clean hotel with outdoor pool.

thx for any information

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Last minute booking for just a couple days?

You might want to consider booking at one of the other hotels for your full stay.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Last minute booking for just a couple days?

You may also want to tell them you will have to cancel your reservation because you can't add that extra day... Tell them the prices shot up over a few hours and it is out of your price range. I would also try calling Hilton Corporate customer service. It also wouldn't hurt to join Hilton HHonors and call that number.

It may not get you anywhere, but it is definitely worth a shot- I have had a lot of success being persistent- you HAVE to be when dealing with hotels. You may have to get out of your own skin a little...

The other weekend I went to Baltimore and had requested a king. When I arrived they said there were only 2 doubles available. I asked to speak to the manager, talked with him (firmly) for a minute and all of the sudden "Oh, we actually have a King available".

Don't be rude, just express how inconvenient it is that you don't have that extra night, and how much it is complicating your plans... And don't settle if the first person says no. Call back and speak to someone else.

Stay positive, Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Baltimore
Baltimore
Maryland
mississauga
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Last minute booking for just a couple days?

thanks

we can't change our reservation.

we are going to just see what happens...

14. Re: Last minute booking for just a couple days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 21, 2013