We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best seafood and crab cakes

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Best seafood and crab cakes

Heading down to Virginia Beach in a couple weeks does anyone know who has the best crabcakes and or seafood

Ruckersville...
Level Contributor
479 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best seafood and crab cakes

The Raven has a really good Steamer Platter that includes a Crabcake. Chix's Beach Club Has good early happy hour food.Rudees; on the Inlet is also good. These are three spots that I've never been dissapointed by.Bubbas on Shore Drive at Lynhaven Inlet is also good.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best seafood and crab cakes

What's your price range?

I vote Bubba's.

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best seafood and crab cakes

We really don't have a price range as long as they're fabulous..lol... we will check these places out thanks for the input:)

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best seafood and crab cakes

Tautogs

Bubbas

One Fish Two Fish

Terrapin

Eat

I vote all of those over the OP suggestions

Va Bch
Level Contributor
73 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best seafood and crab cakes

My vote is for Rockafellers.. Great crabcakes, and the BBQ shrimp is great too!!

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
343 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best seafood and crab cakes

As a local, I can tell you some of the best seafood restaurants are not in the resort strip. A short ride will reward you with places like Surf Rider (several locations), Lynnhaven Fish House, Chicks, Wickers Crab Pot and in nearby Norfolk VA, AW Shucks. It's worth gogling these places because your drive will be shorter than waiting in line for a resort strip restaurant.

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best seafood and crab cakes

Thanks so much Pote! i am putting these all into our GPS and we are going to try atleast 2 of these ;)

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best seafood and crab cakes

Just to let you know, none of my suggestions are in the resort strip, and are all very good choices.

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best seafood and crab cakes

The pura vida...

Thank you so much..I'm checking them out right now.... while we are on the topic of eating..any great BBQ places? I saw Whitners on DDD and was going to check that out as well...also who has the BEST drinks?

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best seafood and crab cakes

As far as drinks, Waterman's has the famous "Orange Crush". It is so popular that there is Crush Fest each year and 30,000 were sold in one day this past year...